FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Re: RIP - DMC VIP - John Lamm

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Re: RIP - DMC VIP - John Lamm

I received news late Monday night that DMC VIP and author of Stainless Steel Illusion, John Lamm passed away.

I was honored to meet and speak with John Lamm a few times, and I was very glad John was able to participate
    in DCS 2018, to meet and talk to so many DeLorean owners, fans and enthusiasts. I was also glad I was able to
    facilitate a meeting between John and Mike Knepper during DCS 2018, while Mike was recovering from surgery,
    since it had been many years since the two had met up in person. Mike was unable to attend DCS 2018.

As most of you know, John Lamm was the author of Stainless Steel Illusion (SSI), and SSI was the “go to” DMC
    resource book for years, and the second edition (printed about a decade ago) has allowed many more DeLorean
    owners, fans and enthusiasts to own a copy of this piece of DeLorean history in their personal collections.
    I hope many of you were able to meet John and were able to get your copies of SSI signed at DCS 2018.

John was a great automotive author and a great person. John Lamm will be missed.

Thanks,
    Rich W.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Thanks for sharing this sad news, Rich.

While I never had the pleasure of meeting John I agree he was a great automotive author. For those who aren't aware of him John Lamm was a long-time contributor to Road & Track magazine and more recently wrote for Automobile magazine. He also had a keen eye as an automotive photographer.

Here's a short biography of John taken from the Revs Institute website:

John Lamm started his automotive journalism career in 1965 as a racing photographer for Autoweek magazine. After a tour in Vietnam, he joined Motor Trend in 1969, then Road & Track in 1975, where he worked for 37 years. He has also written for Car and Driver and Automobile magazines. Credits include 10 books and Lamm has been honored with the International Motor Press Association’s Ken Purdy and the Motor Press Guild’s Dean Batchelor awards for writing. Lamm’s photo archives include hundreds of thousands of images ranging from an 1893 Benz Victoria to many of the latest automobiles. He is on the organizing committee for the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion and been a judge at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance for two decades. Lamm lives in San Clemente, California with his wife, Scheri.

-Rich
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

So sad to read this news, rip John Lamm.