FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: New plug-n-play Tailight Sequencer

Quote Originally Posted by dmcman73 View Post
    There's a lot going on in here. Also, what may you use trailer hitch connectors instead of weather packs?
    I’ve looked at the weather pack connectors and they are very nice but also relatively expensive. If someone wanted to use those it would be no problem but my kit price would go up to match the additional expense.

We include self fusing tape with our kit to close the small gap on our connector. As the connector is actually inside the car and not on the outside, we think that this sufficient for the conditions. - DS
    Attached Images

P-N-P Sequencer on Hold

My p-n-p sequencer failed to operate with incandescent lights when installed. I did find a couple of bad flasher relays in my stock but after testing it looks like there is too much of a voltage drop for my system to use incandescent lights. There would have to be a separate power wire to each tail light circuit board for my sequencer to work with incandescent bulbs. My original design does have a separate power wire, 14ga, to each board. I made a comparison chart, attached, showing the current draw of incandescent vs LED bulbs. Ther is a huge difference and this current would all be going thru the one original blinker wire to each blinker. Anyway, I will test my p-n-p boards with LED bulbs only and see how that works out. Any volunteers out there?
    Attached Images

2 new videos - low voltage/current effects - incandescent/led

https://youtu.be/vllGsf46HiY

https://youtu.be/T_HBUspzIPI

Here are the links to the videos showing the effects of low voltage - low current on incandescent bulbs vs. LED bulbs. Video shows when 4 incandescent bulbs are lit, it’s drawing around 8 amps where the 4 LED bulbs will pull about 1.5 amps. My new plug-n-play sequencer will have to use LED bulbs to work. My original sequencer should be able to run both types since an extra 12v wire runs to each module. - DS

New options for p-n-p sequencer

I decided to stop making and selling my V1 Sequencer and just produce the V2 plug-n-play version. I’ll still support my first version but no longer produce it. No one liked having to add the 12v and ground lines to make it work.
    A new option to my p-n-p version will be that you can purchase the kit with or without LED lights. The ‘no bulbs’ kit will still be $350. If you want to buy the ‘8 bulb’ version it will cost $384 and the ‘10 bulb’ version will cost $392.50. The reason for the 8 or 10 bulb option is that my circuit DOES NOT control the back-up light. You can use LED or incandescent bulbs for back-up lights and it doesn’t matter. My p-n-p sequencer WILL NOT work with incandescent bulbs. Too much of a voltage/current drop for the small wire. We offer the Antoine LED bulb because they are super bright and we have not had one bulb fail yet. We do not add any price increase to the bulb price. Anyone can buy them for the same price on Amazon or you can get something else. Just be aware that higher wattage bulbs may cause the circuit to fail.
    Attached Images

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6