FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New plug-n-play Tailight Sequencer

Question asking for some measurement help

Quote Originally Posted by DeepSpace Cowboy View Post
    I would like to mount my control circuit board to the back of the tail light circuit board but don’t know if it will fit without rubbing on the back bulkhead. Could someone tell me what the distance from the front of the mounting flange for the tail light Assembly to the back bulkhead? I attached a couple of pictures to show what I’m talking about. Any help appreciated. Don’t have access to a DeLorean to check for myself. Thank you.
    See his post #16 for a question with pictures he is asking for some help with.

A bump for ya DeepSpace

Quote Originally Posted by D001264 View Post
    I’m leaning towards the LEDs, any chance there will be another cool video with the LEDs?

Thanks for sharing the project!
    I’ll post a video with LED’s in the next day or so. Thanks! DS

I’m leaning towards the LEDs, any chance there will be another cool video with the LEDs?

On second thought, give me a week. I have to order some parts.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Drive a new car with the factory 6000K LED headlights and you will never want to drive again with incandescent.
    INDEED! Ridiculously great.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

I would like to mount my control circuit board to the back of the tail light circuit board but don’t know if it will fit without rubbing on the back bulkhead. Could someone tell me what the distance from the front of the mounting flange for the tail light Assembly to the back bulkhead? I attached a couple of pictures to show what I’m talking about. Any help appreciated. Don’t have access to a DeLorean to check for myself. Thank you.
    I think you'll be OK. Our first attempt at a sequencer product was a piggyback board that snapped on to the existing taillight board:
    piggyback sequencer.jpg

Here is a photo of the board inside the rear fascia:
    Piggyback board inside rear fascia.JPG

It was tight but it fit. It looks like your board is thinner when you consider the connector that we had. Actual clearance behind the taillight board is difficult to measure. The problem is the clearance distance varies depending on both horizontal and vertical location. The taillight lens is angled and the fascia pocket for the taillight is also angled. Additionally, there is the wiring harness behind the board.

To be sure, it would be best to install your board in a car and verify the clearance.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-Ron View Post
    I think you'll be OK. Our first attempt at a sequencer product was a piggyback board that snapped on to the existing taillight board:
    piggyback sequencer.jpg

Here is a photo of the board inside the rear fascia:
    Piggyback board inside rear fascia.JPG

It was tight but it fit. It looks like your board is thinner when you consider the connector that we had. Actual clearance behind the taillight board is difficult to measure. The problem is the clearance distance varies depending on both horizontal and vertical location. The taillight lens is angled and the fascia pocket for the taillight is also angled. Additionally, there is the wiring harness behind the board.

To be sure, it would be best to install your board in a car and verify the clearance.

Ron
    Thanks Ron! That really helps! Thank you for including the pictures also. I’m with you, I think I’ll need to check installation on the real thing.

Thanks Ron! That really helps! Thank you for including the pictures also. I’m with you, I think I’ll need to check installation on the real thing.
    Send me a set! I'll be happy to be the guinea pig! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by L3V3L1 View Post
    Send me a set! I'll be happy to be the guinea pig! 😂
    If you lived in Oklahoma I would consider it!

UPDATED Plug - n -Play DeLoean Tail light Sequencer VIDEO

https://youtube.be/cZZnjLpiga4 Here is an updated video of my plug-n-play sequencer that allows you to use either LED or Incandescent lights. You can also adjust the speed a little bit. Let me know what you think! -DS

https://youtube.be/cZZnjLpiga4 Per your request.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast