FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New plug-n-play Tailight Sequencer

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Which is out of stock.

I don't know what it is but sequential DeLorean tailights are in like Pumpkin spice.
    I知 just finishing this up but if I get enough interest I値l speed up the process. This first version is incandescent lights only. I値l work on LED next. I would really like to know what people prefer, incandescent or LED?

Under Ron's watchful eye. Glory be to Ron! Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    None of your business you creepy psycho vin counter...get a life

Quote Originally Posted by DeepSpace Cowboy View Post
    I知 just finishing this up but if I get enough interest I値l speed up the process. This first version is incandescent lights only. I値l work on LED next. I would really like to know what people prefer, incandescent or LED?
    I don't want to give the impression that I would be a customer, but the fade time of the incandescent bulbs appeals to me.

I don't want to give the impression that I would be a customer, but the fade time of the incandescent bulbs appeals to me.
    Thank you! That痴 the kind of feedback I知 looking for.

[snip]... the fade time of the incandescent bulbs appeals to me.
    This is something I've noticed on newer cars, not just DeLoreans with incandescent lights replaced with LEDs.

It's hard to explain. With blinkers, tail lights (incl. 3rd tail lights), even head lights, there is a warmth with incandescent lights that's just not there with LEDs, esp. say at dusk or dawn. While I like the concept and energy efficiency of LEDs, I feel like we've moved from away from a golden automotive era, to another that is less personal. Sort of like the loss of chrome bumpers on cars, replaced with a plastic covered steel bar. Or like steering-wheel mounted slap paddles for changing gears on automatic transmissions, it's just not the same as using a clutch pedal on the floor and going through a center mounted "four on the floor" (or five) manual transmission stick-shift.

Oh, the memories.

(End of sob-story.)

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Or like steering-wheel mounted slap paddles for changing gears on automatic transmissions, it's just not the same as using a clutch pedal on the floor and going through a center mounted "four on the floor" (or five) manual transmission stick-shift.
    I agree. In the past, the manual transmission was the way to go if you wanted quicker acceleration and better fuel economy. Not any more. When I was shopping for Mustangs I was surprised that the auto is both quicker and more fuel efficient. Still not as fun to drive though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2