FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New plug-n-play Tailight Sequencer

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Which is out of stock.

I don't know what it is but sequential DeLorean tailights are in like Pumpkin spice.
    I’m just finishing this up but if I get enough interest I’ll speed up the process. This first version is incandescent lights only. I’ll work on LED next. I would really like to know what people prefer, incandescent or LED?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DeepSpace Cowboy View Post
    I’m just finishing this up but if I get enough interest I’ll speed up the process. This first version is incandescent lights only. I’ll work on LED next. I would really like to know what people prefer, incandescent or LED?
    I don't want to give the impression that I would be a customer, but the fade time of the incandescent bulbs appeals to me.

I don't want to give the impression that I would be a customer, but the fade time of the incandescent bulbs appeals to me.
    Thank you! That’s the kind of feedback I’m looking for.

[snip]... the fade time of the incandescent bulbs appeals to me.
    This is something I've noticed on newer cars, not just DeLoreans with incandescent lights replaced with LEDs.

It's hard to explain. With blinkers, tail lights (incl. 3rd tail lights), even head lights, there is a warmth with incandescent lights that's just not there with LEDs, esp. say at dusk or dawn. While I like the concept and energy efficiency of LEDs, I feel like we've moved from away from a golden automotive era, to another that is less personal. Sort of like the loss of chrome bumpers on cars, replaced with a plastic covered steel bar. Or like steering-wheel mounted slap paddles for changing gears on automatic transmissions, it's just not the same as using a clutch pedal on the floor and going through a center mounted "four on the floor" (or five) manual transmission stick-shift.

Oh, the memories.

(End of sob-story.)

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Or like steering-wheel mounted slap paddles for changing gears on automatic transmissions, it's just not the same as using a clutch pedal on the floor and going through a center mounted "four on the floor" (or five) manual transmission stick-shift.
    I agree. In the past, the manual transmission was the way to go if you wanted quicker acceleration and better fuel economy. Not any more. When I was shopping for Mustangs I was surprised that the auto is both quicker and more fuel efficient. Still not as fun to drive though

Need some Help

I would like to mount my control circuit board to the back of the tail light circuit board but don’t know if it will fit without rubbing on the back bulkhead. Could someone tell me what the distance from the front of the mounting flange for the tail light Assembly to the back bulkhead? I attached a couple of pictures to show what I’m talking about. Any help appreciated. Don’t have access to a DeLorean to check for myself. Thank you.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DeepSpace Cowboy; 11-08-2020 at 12:30 PM.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    This is something I've noticed on newer cars, not just DeLoreans with incandescent lights replaced with LEDs.

It's hard to explain. With blinkers, tail lights (incl. 3rd tail lights), even head lights, there is a warmth with incandescent lights that's just not there with LEDs, esp. say at dusk or dawn. While I like the concept and energy efficiency of LEDs, I feel like we've moved from away from a golden automotive era, to another that is less personal. Sort of like the loss of chrome bumpers on cars, replaced with a plastic covered steel bar. Or like steering-wheel mounted slap paddles for changing gears on automatic transmissions, it's just not the same as using a clutch pedal on the floor and going through a center mounted "four on the floor" (or five) manual transmission stick-shift.

Oh, the memories.

(End of sob-story.)

How about the good old days when it took a real man to crank up a motor and get it going? It's OK to be nostalgic about the past but you have to accept the future and progress. Cars are much more reliable, safer, built better, and last longer than ever. "Back in the day", you would clean the spark plugs and points about every 2-3000 miles, shim bearings about every 10,000 miles, repair flat tires on almost every trip, and on and on. These days no one bothers to check their oil level or tire pressures. About all they do is fill the gas tank and maybe wash it once in a while! LED bulbs are MUCH safer than incandescent because they last a LOT longer. A burnt out bulb is unsafe.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    03572

Drive a new car with the factory 6000K LED headlights and you will never want to drive again with incandescent.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

LED version of PNP

I have an LED version of my plug-n-play sequencer circuit. Have not had any printed circuit boards made for this version yet. Did anyone happen to see my original question?

I’m leaning towards the LEDs, any chance there will be another cool video with the LEDs?

Thanks for sharing the project!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast