FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: How To: Rebuild AC and Heat Unit

My VIN:    03430

How To: Rebuild AC and Heat Unit

Sorry for the three part PDF, there was a limit on how large the files could be.

I didn't document the removal and tear down, but did write on it in the guide.

Hope its helpful!

-Andy

My VIN:    10309

Many thanks. I am getting ready to take my unit out due to a previous fire that melted my blower area. Do you think it possible to take out half the assembly while
    leaving the evap/heater core section in the car. Just trying to be lazy whenever I can.

My VIN:    03430

Quote Originally Posted by cdrusn View Post
    Many thanks. I am getting ready to take my unit out due to a previous fire that melted my blower area. Do you think it possible to take out half the assembly while
    leaving the evap/heater core section in the car. Just trying to be lazy whenever I can.
    Man sorry to hear that about the blower... You would have to reach the 4 screws that join the two halves together... two on the top and two on the bottom that will be removed from the left side. It may be possible with skinny hands, long extensions, and A LOT of patience, but I really think you'd be better off just removing the whole thing.

My VIN:    10309

Thanks for the advice. I just hate to have to disconnect the heater and a/c evap but you are probably right about it being easier.