FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Manual Transmission Pedal Adjustable Clutch Link

Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech RamblinDMC's Avatar

My VIN:    2203

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Manual Transmission Pedal Adjustable Clutch Link

If your clutch engages very low on the pedal travel, this is exactly what you need to allow you to adjust your pedal higher. I made one for my car recently and it made a world of difference.
    These are easy to install using basic tools and it bolts right into place where the old clutch link used to be.
    Price is $70 with free shipping in the US
    121164301_792693664845322_5001700562434468191_n.jpg121304480_1247088208989294_391515681200555171_n.jpg

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I've got to be honest, this seems like $70 for about $20 worth of off the shelf parts. It's an internally threaded and an externally threaded rod end right? Is there something I'm missing here?

https://www.mcmaster.com/rod-ends/in...oint-rod-ends/
    https://www.mcmaster.com/rod-ends/ba...t-rod-ends-10/

This seems to do the same thing as the old adjustable master cylinders that vendors used to sell. To my knowledge these are no longer on the market because people tended to have their clutch mis-adjusted as a result of the adjustability. Not saying this is necessarily a bad idea, just something to be aware of.
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 10-15-2020 at 01:19 PM.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I've got to be honest, this seems like $70 for about $20 worth of off the shelf parts. It's an internally threaded and an externally threaded rod end right? Is there something I'm missing here?

https://www.mcmaster.com/rod-ends/in...oint-rod-ends/
    https://www.mcmaster.com/rod-ends/ba...t-rod-ends-10/

This seems to do the same thing as the old adjustable master cylinders that vendors used to sell. To my knowledge these are no longer on the market because people tended to have their clutch mis-adjusted as a result of the adjustability. Not saying this is necessarily a bad idea, just something to be aware of.
    x2.

To further the issue of mis-adjustment, If someone were to over adjust this contraption it could cause the pressure plate to not fully engage. This can result in damage to the release bearing, clutch, flywheel, and pressure plate.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    x2.

To further the issue of mis-adjustment, If someone were to over adjust this contraption it could cause the pressure plate to not fully engage. This can result in damage to the release bearing, clutch, flywheel, and pressure plate.
    From what I can remember this^ was the most common problem. People wanted their clutch pedal to be nice and stiff from the get go, not realizing that even just a little bit of pre-load was causing the pressure plate to be slightly disengaged when the pedal was fully relaxed.

Cooked discs, flywheels, and throw-out bearings followed.

My VIN:    03572

All you need to do is make sure there is a little play at the top of the pedal. I don't see why people had problems with the adjustable link. I guess they wanted the pedal at the same height as the brake pedal.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech RamblinDMC's Avatar

My VIN:    2203

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Fair enough, but I've done a bit of work to figure out how to make it work. If you think it's too expensive, you're free to buy the components necessary and do your own testing. Some owners prefer the convivence of not having to figure that stuff out. This is true based on the fact that I've sold several of these already. This is also evident by the fact that many of us buy parts from our DeLorean parts vendors rather than doing the research to find out what the crossover part may be, or fabricate something.