FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Stove Pipe connection

My VIN:    4328

Stove Pipe connection

Hey everyone, I was wondering if the metal plate on the exhaust manifold where the stove pipe connects to acts as some sort of heat shield or can it just be removed if I went to the straight cold air intake tube? I get a metal rattling when the engine is revving up before i shift gears and I think it's due to that metal plate rattling around a bit. Can i just remove it without worries?

Thanks!

My VIN:    03500

It is a heat sheald for the starter. Know mine has been eliminated and the starter is wrapped in a starter heat shield blanket with no problems.

Dave B.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by TheStoot View Post
    Hey everyone, I was wondering if the metal plate on the exhaust manifold where the stove pipe connects to acts as some sort of heat shield or can it just be removed if I went to the straight cold air intake tube? I get a metal rattling when the engine is revving up before i shift gears and I think it's due to that metal plate rattling around a bit. Can i just remove it without worries?

Thanks!
    I removed mine for the same rattle and have had no problems. I have stock exhaust. I seem to remember the stove is above the exhaust so it's not protecting the starter if so.
    Last edited by Bitsyncmaster; 10-16-2020 at 10:58 AM.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    4328

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I removed mine for the same rattle and have had no problems. I have stock exhaust. I seem to remember the stove is above the exhaust so it's not protecting the starter if so.
    Thanks Dave, good to know!

My VIN:    03500

You are correct Dave. I forgot that the stove and starter shield aren't connected. I have headers so all that has been removed.

Dave B.