FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Electric power converstion kit

My VIN:    03572

Electric power converstion kit

This looks interesting if it really comes about.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2020/10...lt-ev-hotrods/
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    10201

That's really interesting. Ryan recently texted me a Tesla based crate motor to replace Chevy small blocks.

Hagerty ran an article recently about another company offering a drop in electric motor that replaces a Chevy small block. IIRC it ran somewhere around $20k.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    Hagerty ran an article recently about another company offering a drop in electric motor that replaces a Chevy small block. IIRC it ran somewhere around $20k.
    Yeah I saw that article. It was super interesting until they got to the price...
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    5510

I'm planning on reaching out to Chevy about this!

I've been planning out my EV conversion for a while, and I've landed on using a Chevy Bolt as the drive train donor. Turns out this 'crate motor' is really just the a Chevy Bolt without the 'car'. It's the motor, battery, power steering, etc - all straight from the Bolt. I'm curious about pricing, because my plans currently have me getting a salvage Bolt for $12-15k, and I have a feeling that they are looking to charge more than that... Originally I was going to do the EV conversion of this winter, but then I ran into frame issues and had to completely strip the car down bare and rebuild it, so the conversion will probably be a spring-2021 thing.

Either way, I think it would be a pretty cool story for them to show off, even if I go the salvage route.

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBill View Post
    Originally I was going to do the EV conversion of this winter, but then I ran into frame issues and had to completely strip the car down bare and rebuild it, so the conversion will probably be a spring-2021 thing.
    I am also onto the frame issues part of my EV conversion haha. Really don't feel like spending $400-500 transporting the frame, then another $400-500 stripping it, unknown amount for repairs, then another $500 to powdercoat it. too many uncertainties in 2020 to drop that kind of money on a non driving car.