FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Auto trans cooling hoses

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    I saw those instructions for cleaning. That is very handy, thanks.

You make some good points. I suppose with the infrequent need to change the filter it really isn’t worth a remote design.
    And a HUGE!!!! thank you to Michael M. for taking it upon himself for getting the entire DeLorean community a plentiful supply of those auto trans filters. It must have been a TON of work behind the scenes lining everything up and doing all the research to make it happen... and they became available at almost the exact instant my own filter plugged up and left me stuck. Not for long... was back in business about as soon as the mailman got Michael's filter delivered. I think I've bought four of them since just to have my own "just in case" inventory. Kinda like buying all the toilet paper during Coronavirus!!! lol

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    And a HUGE!!!! thank you to Michael M. for taking it upon himself for getting the entire DeLorean community a plentiful supply of those auto trans filters. It must have been a TON of work behind the scenes lining everything up and doing all the research to make it happen... and they became available at almost the exact instant my own filter plugged up and left me stuck. Not for long... was back in business about as soon as the mailman got Michael's filter delivered. I think I've bought four of them since just to have my own "just in case" inventory. Kinda like buying all the toilet paper during Coronavirus!!! lol
    Yes, I read how he was responsible for the new filters. Very cool. You’d think a certain business in Texas would have done something about that situation, but I guess they were busy making those brand new DeLoreans I keep hearing about.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

There just isn't much of a demand for them and DMCH probably has a small amount they are holding back for themselves so they have enough to do their own in house service. This filter has no cross/over. No other vehicle uses it, it is only for Delorean automatic transmissions. It is cleanable but it must be taken apart to do it. There is no paper element, it is all metal. When there was no alternative, cleaning was the only option. Now you have a choice. If you are paying a mechanic to do this, it is much cheaper to buy a new one rather than pay your mechanic to take the old one apart, clean it, and put it back together.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2