FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Solid State RPM relay

My VIN:    03572

Solid State RPM relay

I have had a few returns caused by plugging the connector in backwards (upside down). This will cause permanent damage and the connector guides show what happened.

Please look that the connector is oriented properly before plugging the unit in.

Many more and I will have to stop offering these upgrades.
    Attached Files
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

The reference post at the bottom of the pdf. instructions no longer exists. (.com)

A simple picture in the instructions would alleviate the problem.

Just like the Diode pic in the ECU inst.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    03572

Thanks

Yes I need to fix all those old references to the old .com forum.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

solid state rpm relay

I have had this solid state installed for about a year, no problems what so ever with it. In fact I have most of David's products installed and no problems with any of them.
    Andy B 03513

DM-eng Solid State Solutions work great when installed correctly.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 09-18-2011 at 02:36 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Current custodian of 2109 Ozzie's Avatar

My VIN:    2109

Club(s):   (DCF)

It is a good time to remind everyone about this solid state solution, to the critical RPM Relay component, in our cars.

I believe that I have one of the oldest installs (January 2008 ) and have put thousands of miles on it, several of those on multi-hour highway trip, without any incidents.

I wrote a review of it here, on my blog.

A highly recommended upgrade for your DeLorean.
    Personal Blog: DeLorean Ownership & Upkeep (Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while, but some good stuff there if you look.)
    ->Last posting:"Smooth shifting on a 30+ year old car."
    ->Most read posting:"Going 100% LEDs on your car is a good idea, and more feasible than ever."

MIne went in at DCS 08 Gettysburg.
    DENNIS

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I have had a few returns caused by plugging the connector in backwards (upside down). This will cause permanent damage and the connector guides show what happened.

Please look that the connector is oriented properly before plugging the unit in.

Many more and I will have to stop offering these upgrades.
    My car came with spade connectors to the RPM relay. I decided to upgrade is with a proper plug.

http://www.deloreaneurotec.co.uk/for...p=18156#p18156

My VIN:    02261

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I have been running the solid state RPM relay in my daily driver DeLorean for four weeks and love the positive and immediate starts each and every morning. Each time I turn the key to ON I hear the fuel pump run for 1.5 seconds and when I turn off the engine the fuel pump runs for half a second.
    I chose to send in the $75 for the relay and $50 for the core charge which he returns when he gets your RPM relay in exchange. Or you can just send in your RPM relay with the $75 and he will send you one already manufactured.
    He includes a label on them now that says, “SOLID STATE RPM RELAY” just so you know it isn’t original
    Attached Images
    Mark Vanyo
    Links to DeLorean related web sites!
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?19...s-Part-I-of-II.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

In my opinion, Dave's RPM relay is a no brainer. If you're reading this and you don't have one, get one. Low price for peace of mind.

EDIT - in case you're wondering, YES, my old RPM relay left me high and dry.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast