FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: New inner door seal already ripped

My VIN:    4328

New inner door seal already ripped

So i replaced my inner door seals with new ones from Delorean Go and the drivers side upper corner by the top edge of the windshield is already tearing through. I noticed the doors headliner is running against it when the door closes and folds the flap of the seal over when the door closes. what can i adjust to help stop this from happening besides removing the seal in that spot?

pull cloth back from backer of headliner grind off then glue cloth back down. This is what I did.
    Steve

My VIN:    03500

If the headliner is the problem. Than alter the headliner by pulling back the fabric and trim a little of the backing than replace,reglue fabric.

Oops I was to slow. Ha
    Dave B.
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 11-12-2020 at 10:35 AM.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

You can also spray silicone spray on the door where it rubs. That area of the seal is where the door slides against the seal, not squeezing it like everywhere else. Eventually it tears it.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

It's a fairly common problem.

In addition to the other suggestions you may get some improvement in clearance by taking care to relocate the bulb of the seal away from the door frame in that location, making sure it's on a tighter radius around that corner at the top of the A-pillar when you install one again.

The metal mesh inside the U-section of the seal will hold a different shape if you nudge it a bit. Even half a mm can make a big difference there.

The same tip applies if the interference is between the seal and the stainless door frame, not only the headliner.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior