FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: New Enhanced Visibility Taillight Board

New Enhanced Visibility Taillight Board

DRAYRON has a new taillight board product. It’s an enhanced visibility taillight board. Better yet, at $50 it’s a real affordable upgrade (OK, so a set of two is $100). Like our other product, this Taillight Board is a drop in replacement for the original DeLorean taillight board with no modification to the car or wiring required. It adds heightened visibility using dual element 1157 bulbs for the center red segments. When you step on the brake with this taillight board, all three red segments go full bright. At night, instead of a single red middle segment, all three are lit. Although it doesn’t have the turn signal sequencing features of our sequencer kit product, it’s a great option if you want a replacement taillight board with enhanced visibility at a much lower cost.

The concept for the board came via various comments from our sequencer board customers. Our sequencer board has the option to operate the running and brake lights in this enhanced fashion, or work per the original car. It seems almost every owner has chosen enhanced. We’ve also noted that many owner DIY taillight boards have this feature. It makes sense. Our cars are pretty low; additional visibility helps.

For our “across the pond” owner, please note that this new board (and, of course, our original sequencer), has built in circuitry for the Fog Light Function. Lastly, all our boards have solder pad holes should you need a connection option other than the original DeLorean connector.

The boards can be purchased without bulbs. But you need 1157 bulbs for the middle segments; 6 of them for a full set. Of course optional LED bulb kits (brightest that we have tested) are available. Demo video for the new board is on the website:

https://drayron.com/product/drayron-...ght-board-set/

Again, thanks to all who have supported us on the forum.
    Happy Thanksgiving and stay safe.
    Ron Anderson

What a great idea. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    3937

What are the shipping options/cost to Canada (Guelph, Ontario specifically)?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Very exciting to see a more entry level option. Extremely competitive with price and still enhanced function over stock.
    I really like the option to solder on a new style connector.

And of course that top notch DMCNW / Drayron customer service.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    What are the shipping options/cost to Canada (Guelph, Ontario specifically)?
    Johnathan,
    We are currently using UPS. Their shipping cost to Canada is $46 for the Enhanced tail light boards and $56 for the Sequencers. This includes their service to work thru customs. I'm not positive, but I don't believe it actually covers the Canadian customs charge. We have sent several evaluation packages into Canada and the customs fee has varied a bit. I wish I had a better understanding how it all worked because we have had a lot of interest from Canadian owners.

Ron Anderson