FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Review - Hankook Kinergy ST tires in factory front/rear sizes

My VIN:    02378 & 15500 - Previous owner of 4363, 5319, 5692, 10246, 01924, 04389, 03133, 11408, 10989

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Either way Michael, you’ll be glad you ordered some. Excuse the dirty rims, I know these aren’t as clean as yours but I plan on cleaning them before they go on the car. Also, it was cheaper for me to buy from TireRack
    and have them installed & balanced than a straight purchase from Discount Tire which is what I did for my son’s car 4 months ago.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Delorean02378; 12-04-2020 at 07:57 PM.
    Kirk

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean02378 View Post
    Either way Michael, you’ll be glad you ordered some. Excuse the dirty rims, I know these aren’t as clean as yours but I plan on cleaning them before they go on the car. Also, it was cheaper for me to buy from TireRack
    and have them installed & balanced than a straight purchase from Discount Tire which is what I did for my son’s car 4 months ago.
    Nice! I will probably put them on next spring. Here are a few pics I stole from the other tire thread. Seems the vendors wasted no time in getting their inventory for the future. Thanks again for the info on availability.
    hankook 2.jpg
    hankook1.jpg

I just replaced my suspension with an AVO setup so the new tires should have me set for the next 5 years.
    Last edited by Michael; 12-04-2020 at 08:14 PM.

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Great job on the photos with all the various angles and lighting. Much appreciated.

I'm not a huge fan of the textured side walls but overall they are good looking tires. The tire rack reviews seem very positive as well.
    +1 on the textured sidewalls. I'm undecided if having a matched set is worth having that sidewall appearance.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    +1 on the textured sidewalls. I'm undecided if having a matched set is worth having that sidewall appearance.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
    With the old plane sidewalls it really did not mater to me not having a matched set. You would never notice it unless your looking for what tires that guy is running.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Great job on the photos with all the various angles and lighting. Much appreciated.

I'm not a huge fan of the textured side walls but overall they are good looking tires. The tire rack reviews seem very positive as well.
    I agree with you Mark. I am not a fan of the textured side walls either.

Has anyone seen what the back side looks like? I could not find any pictures of the back side.

Maybe could just turn the back side out if not textured?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by JETS 81 DMC View Post

Has anyone seen what the back side looks like? I could not find any pictures of the back side.

The rears are RWL only and the fronts are black wall only so they wouldn't match even if the front reverse side looks cleaner. The Cooper Cobras are the same way so the only way they match is turn the back side out on all 4 tires.

After seeing them installed on the car, I don't think they look that bad or are even distracting. The only way to know for sure is take my car to DCS 2012 and measure the depth of vomit at all four corners of the car.
    Last edited by Michael; 12-05-2020 at 01:56 PM.

My VIN:    16109

Here's a video review I quickly made the day I put the new Hankooks on. I think they look and feel great. I'd say they sound great but I can't hear them, very quiet tire. I thought the review here on DMC Talk was great. Very informative.

https://youtu.be/h2BuMvpQ3iI

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by JETS 81 DMC View Post

See Photo #1 in Post #10 of this thread.
    It shows the Raised White Letter side of the rear tires - just before I painted them black.

You can also see the RWL side of the rears at the 1m20s point in the excellent video review linked in the post before this one.

The RWL side isn't textured - if you don't count the 2mm high RWLs as texture.
    Last edited by Rich; 12-06-2020 at 09:48 AM.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    10332

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    We are talking about tires here. Please take your lame ass politics elsewhere.
    If you are going to get triggered, maybe you didn't need to add a xenophobic comment to a tires post.

and since you went to the effort of "self censoring" you knew what you were doing.

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by DeLoreanTech View Post
    Here's a video review I quickly made the day I put the new Hankooks on. I think they look and feel great. I'd say they sound great but I can't hear them, very quiet tire. I thought the review here on DMC Talk was great. Very informative.

https://youtu.be/h2BuMvpQ3iI
    Thanks for the video! Very informative as well and it answered a question that I had.

I was wondering if the fronts had a different appearance to the sidewall on the inside, similar to the rears but without the RWL. From the video it looks like both sides of the front tires have the same sidewall pattern.

They look pretty nice all glossed up with tire shine.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast