FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chassis 3D model in PDF

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by Ashyukun View Post
    OK, XI is a lot better, and I can actually use it on my Mac to boot (though going from Catia's navigation to XI's is a bit of a disconnect, but that happens between Catia & Patran as well...). The more I look at the model the more impressed I am- being able to hide the different panels is something I didn't expect Adobe to be able to do.
    I'm running Catia V5 R21 so it's cool to see someone else using Catia. The mouse navigation is unique and definitely takes some getting used to. If you've got a three button CAD mouse it's great.

I've modeled the front and rear hubs/bearings/studs and brakes rotors for another project I was working on. Nothing really complicated but I'd share the files if anyone wants them. No brake calipers or suspension components unfortunately.

It would be cool to build a full rolling chassis in 3D. I'm sure it's been done a few times already considering the stainless frames and custom suspension parts that are available. I've seen a few other screen grabs from engine swaps and it looks like there have been a few people who've done the rear engine cradle and the fiberglass pontoon. If I were ever to attempt an engine swap that is probably where I'd start.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Wow, this is a very nice model.
    I have made one myself but it looks like a children's drawing compared to this.

You must have many many hours of work into this.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    16655

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I'm running Catia V5 R21 so it's cool to see someone else using Catia. The mouse navigation is unique and definitely takes some getting used to. If you've got a three button CAD mouse it's great.

I've modeled the front and rear hubs/bearings/studs and brakes rotors for another project I was working on. Nothing really complicated but I'd share the files if anyone wants them. No brake calipers or suspension components unfortunately.

It would be cool to build a full rolling chassis in 3D. I'm sure it's been done a few times already considering the stainless frames and custom suspension parts that are available. I've seen a few other screen grabs from engine swaps and it looks like there have been a few people who've done the rear engine cradle and the fiberglass pontoon. If I were ever to attempt an engine swap that is probably where I'd start.
    My work uses V5 R26 for modeling- I'm an analyst so I don't do nearly as much with it as our designers do (I can't draw stuff up in it from scratch worth half a cent) but am very good at manipulating and interrogating models since I need to get dimensions, section cuts, etc. for analysis reports. I've just got a standard 3-button mouse but it works well enough. One of the older engineers I work with has never bothered learning the mouse (or keyboard) shortcuts so has to click to change between pan/zoom/rotate- unsurprisingly he's always more than happy when I will take over graphics generation for reports we work on.

I'm going to be stripping my car down to very close to the bare frame if not beyond (epoxy too) due to some bad rust issues on the front end which are likely going to require rebuilding the frame partially- and since I'm going to have it down so far anyway, am planning on doing an engine swap as well- so I'll likely be playing with the frame in the front and the back (especially since DMC is showing the front frame extensions as out of stock, which are a part I would definitely need). If I get really nuts? Looking at the frame with the eye of a stress analyst there looks to be a modest bit of inefficiency in it, at least from a modern standpoint- so redesigning and building an updated, more weight-efficient frame would be an interesting challenge.

My VIN:    10201

I reread our company manual and asked for more clarification, but it looks like i might be able to start sharing scans/models i make using company assets. I got my frame stripped down and a 3d scanner. If you send me the .stp Ill be able to compare the scan vs your model.

ive models for the grille and washer bottle. ive got scans of the Lca and engine cover but no model yet.

My VIN:    3771

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    If you send me the .stp Ill be able to compare the scan vs your model.
    I think it would be more practical if you send me a points cloud so I could make corrections to my parametric model relatively quickly - we'd have a 100% valid 3D chassis then.

Comes up blank when I open it.

My VIN:    2678

When Adobe Reader asks you, if you trust the document, then confirm that you trust the document.
    Then click on the blank page to enable the 3D-content.

To always enable 3D-content activate Edit -> Preferences -> Multimedia & 3D -> Enable playing of Multimedia and 3D content
    Always a filled fuel tank.

I don't get that message. Adobe opens the file and it is a blank document.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by pk2678 View Post
    When Adobe Reader asks you, if you trust the document, then confirm that you trust the document.
    Then click on the blank page to enable the 3D-content.

To always enable 3D-content activate Edit -> Preferences -> Multimedia & 3D -> Enable playing of Multimedia and 3D content
    Same for Acrobat X pro.

My VIN:    2678

Here is the description from Adobe, how to open 3D-PDF:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/usin...ntent-pdf.html

And here is a video (no sound. Watch the comments in the video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW7VBUYwJn8
    Always a filled fuel tank.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast