FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DMCH new online store launch

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

DMCH new online store launch

It was long overdue, but our new store is live - lots of new features including:

• Updated, larger parts diagrams
    • Improved visual parts finder
    • Larger, full color product photos
    • Complete phone and web order history back to 2007
    • More intuitive part names
    • Live inventory on-hand tracking for more than 3.5 million parts
    • Updated wish list functionality
    • Product reviews
    • Improved gift card options

If you have placed an order with us since 2016, we carried your account over to the new store, but you'll need to set a new password. If you're not sure of the email address associated with your account, get a hold of Crystal ([email protected]) and she can help. If you've not placed an order since then, create a new online account and we can link it to your previous order history so you have it all in one place.

As a general rule of thumb, if it is "out of stock" but DOES HAVE a price, it's a short term out of stock item. If it DOES NOT HAVE a price, it's a longer term out of stock item. Either way, you have the ability to be notified when it comes back in stock or even if the price drops at all.

Our parts photographer got interrupted by COVID, but we're hoping to get him in to wrap up a lot of the larger stuff that he was unable to complete in a "work from home" environment.

Comments, suggestions welcome...
    James Espey, President
    DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
    http://www.lcassicdmc.com

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Looks great, James! A very worthwhile upgrade. I like being able to go back and view so many of my old order histories.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    6125

Thanks to you and your team for the time and effort to make these upgrades. I've been playing around on the new site and really like the changes. The ability to click on each bubble number and have it pull up the corresponding part is particularly helpful. The wish list functionality is also well done... I may just have to throw a few last minute Christmas ideas in there and send it to a few people who have been asking.

Another neat thing is you can click on the blue bubble in the list of parts at the bottom and it will jump back to the diagram and flash red to see where it is on the page.

Thanks for the kind words - we still have some plans for more features, but "scope creep" and COVID forced us to put those off until we can get into Q1/Q2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Thanks to you and your team for the time and effort to make these upgrades. I've been playing around on the new site and really like the changes. The ability to click on each bubble number and have it pull up the corresponding part is particularly helpful. The wish list functionality is also well done... I may just have to throw a few last minute Christmas ideas in there and send it to a few people who have been asking.
    James Espey, President

Glad you like it - thank you.

While all the orders - web and phone - were in our offline system, it always bugged me and it was an inconvenience to have not be able to access them online. A long-range dream is to get into the system we used prior to 2007 and find a away to add that data, too...but there's other low-hanging fruit to be picked before that can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Looks great, James! A very worthwhile upgrade. I like being able to go back and view so many of my old order histories.
    James Espey, President

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
    Another neat thing is you can click on the blue bubble in the list of parts at the bottom and it will jump back to the diagram and flash red to see where it is on the page.

Thanks for the kind words - we still have some plans for more features, but "scope creep" and COVID forced us to put those off until we can get into Q1/Q2.
    I had to go back and try out that feature now that you mentioned it. That is also a nice feature for bouncing back and forth between the parts list and diagram. Also cool to hear about additional upgrades in the future.

When I take my car out for a drive people commonly ask if it is hard to get parts or want to know if I can just go to the regular auto parts store. My answer typically includes some reference to delorean.com and people are surprised to hear how easy it is to access parts diagrams to find exactly what you need.

For a low production, oddball car pushing 40 years old we've got it pretty good in terms of parts availability.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post

James and team: These are excellent enhancements to the parts store website!! I like the improved parts diagram with functionality. Very nice work!

As a project manager, I know scope creep is tough to rein in.

Congratulations!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    5510

This all looks amazing! I wish I would have had this a year ago!

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Nice job!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Nicely done!! My favorite section these days is the gifts and accessories department.

PS: Any word on making any more lighted single keys?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast