FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hi from NY

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Hello, and welcome!

I think everyone here is interested to hear anything you have to share. There are other former employees in various Facebook groups as well. Barrie Wills is a frequent contributor.

What part of NY? I live ~60 miles North of Albany.
    I'm in Rockland County. I don't recall Barrie Wills but I'm sure we know people in common.

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Collie from Belfast View Post
    I'm in Rockland County. I don't recall Barrie Wills but I'm sure we know people in common.
    Thanks for sharing your story, there are many opportunities for you to meet with owners. If you're willing, I'm sure there will be several gatherings and conventions you'll be welcome to attend, I'll look forward to meeting sometime. I'm a few hours drive north of Rockland county.

Here's Barrie's website: [URL]https://www.barriewills.com//[URL]

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rich_NYS; 12-15-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Thanks for sharing your story, there are many opportunities for you to meet with owners. If you're willing, I'm sure there will be several gatherings and conventions you'll be welcome to attend, I'll look forward to meeting sometime. I'm a few hours drive north of Rockland county.

Here's Barrie's website: [URL]https://www.barriewills.com//[URL]

I joined the De Lorean Mid Atlantic Club. As soon as things settle down and get back to normal I'd be delighted to attend some local gatherings and meet with people. I should have did this years ago.

My VIN:    4519

I joined the De Lorean Mid Atlantic Club. As soon as things settle down and get back to normal I'd be delighted to attend some local gatherings and meet with people. I should have did this years ago.
    Great! I'm in a local club in the Capial region, we're planning to make the trip to a DMA event this year, as well as meet with the Long Island club. I'll look for you there!

A few other names from your time at the factory, with a presence in the community: Nick Sutton and Neal Barclay.

Also, QAC guys Jeff Synor and Chris Duvall.

At the 2016 convention in Springfield, JZD's secretary: Colleen Booth was a VIP. She was completely awesome, we loved hearing her talk about her time with DMC.

Great! I'm in a local club in the Capial region, we're planning to make the trip to a DMA event this year, as well as meet with the Long Island club. I'll look for you there!

A few other names from your time at the factory, with a presence in the community: Nick Sutton and Neal Barclay.

Also, QAC guys Jeff Synor and Chris Duvall.

At the 2016 convention in Springfield, JZD's secretary: Colleen Booth was a VIP. She was completely awesome, we loved hearing her talk about her time with DMC.

Nick Sutton is a name that rings a bell. Is he an English guy, one of the Lotus team?

My VIN:    Former owner of 10439 Currently own 06291

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

I live in Rockland County, NY. While employed at DMC I worked on the Trim Line. My first assignment was installing the center consul then they promoted me to Repair Man. I met Mr De Lorean more than once. For a CEO he was a very approachable man and was always interested in our input. This was in stark contrast to the British senior staff who were mainly aloof, taciturn and unfriendly. At aged eighteen I was one of the youngest employees. I was very happy working there and it was a terrible disappointment when the plant closed down. I have very few photographs or memorabilia. I wish I had taken some for posterity.
    Collie,

Thanks for the info. I hope to meet you someday soon when things go back to normal at one of the club meets. I used to work in Rockland County, Spring Valley to be specific. I live in PA now. Have a happy and safe holiday,

Adam
    Adam Brandt
    Former owner of 10439 Stage II
    Owner of 06291 DMCH rebuild, Stage II, Eibach, SS Frame

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Nick Sutton is a name that rings a bell. Is he an English guy, one of the Lotus team?
    Hello Collie! If you're on Facebook come have a look at a group we've set up, we have a few former workers on board, we'd love to hear from you too!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/deloreanhistorians/
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

Quote Originally Posted by orangecrrrush View Post
    Collie,

Thanks for the info. I hope to meet you someday soon when things go back to normal at one of the club meets. I used to work in Rockland County, Spring Valley to be specific. I live in PA now. Have a happy and safe holiday,

Adam
    Just seeing this now Adam. I'm not too far from Spring Valley. Stay safe and healthy. When this Covid shite passes I look forward to meeting you all. I really loved working at De Lorean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2