FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Documentary on John Delorean and DMC.

My VIN:    4675, 4190, 3114 and others

Club(s):   (DMA) (DMWC) (NCDMC) (DCUK)

New Documentary on John Delorean and DMC.

We are making progress on the Delorean Documentary. Part 1 is done. Part 2 is in draft video. Parts 3, 4, and 5 scripts are done. Radek is working on these Part 6 script is done and I am working on the rough cut of the video.

The classified documents I have found are shocking. It looks like JZD was set up from day 1.
    ALL THE DOCUMENTS REGARDING DMC were classified from Day 1. for over 30 years. 4
    are still Classified until 2084! YES OVER 100 YEARS!!!
    DMC never got “employment grants from the UK government.
    DMC did not own the Plant, they were required to rent it from the UK government. AND…. pay the mortgage!!!!
    The $50 m the government “gave” DMC for the factory was a lie. They owned the plant and had built it as a commercial real estate development. They later sold it to Motupent- a french engine manufacturer who made a mint selling off the buildings they did not need.
    5 executives got free houses. Not JZD. Interesting how these houses were not part of the bankruptcy.
    The GDP “story” is a lie. The actual facts and documents were in the Allard vs. Arthur Anderson trial.
    The actual facts about ERM were revealed in a Gruman Aviation computer simulation.
    There are 88 missing Deloreans that were purchased by Consolidated Fleet Rentals.
    etc.

So many lies in the press, perpetrated by the US and UK governments. WHY?Follow the money. Who stood to loose the most money if JZD was successful?

My VIN:    1710

The supposition that DeLorean was taken down because he was a threat to other automakers has always perplexed me. Who exactly was DMC supposed to be a threat to? They made such a niche, oddball little car. Even if they survived long enough to make the turbo or 4 seater variants, we’re still talking about very expensive, flawed, unpractical, special interest vehicles. DMC certainly was no threat to General Motors. At the end of 1981 they had sold 40,000 corvettes; under 4,000 DeLoreans had found homes at that point. Even Porsche, who was still essentially hand building 911s at that point, sold over twice as many 911s as DMC-12s in 1981.

DMC failed because JZD grossly overestimated the demand for his product, and ran his company like it was an established, legacy automaker. When DMC was struggling he could have unloaded his California ranch, his New Jersey estate, his 5th Ave penthouse, or even sublet DMC’s exorbitant Park Ave offices. Instead, he continued chasing a get rich quick drug scheme. JZD was only ever a threat to himself.
    Louie Golden

Louie

Interesting opinon.

Do you have any documents to support your opinion? I now have hundreds and hundreds of references and the actual legal documents about what really happened to Delorean. I am open to any other documents or sources you may have.

You might be interested to know that the US State Department- 7 DAY AFTER DELOREAN SIGNED THE AGREEMENT with North Ireland-

that the subsidizing of Delorean could "threaten the US/UK trade relationship" Yes, the little car maker Delorean was a "THREAT".

SO much was classified, people really do not know the truth about DMC.

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    The supposition that DeLorean was taken down because he was a threat to other automakers has always perplexed me. Who exactly was DMC supposed to be a threat to? They made such a niche, oddball little car. Even if they survived long enough to make the turbo or 4 seater variants, we’re still talking about very expensive, flawed, unpractical, special interest vehicles. DMC certainly was no threat to General Motors. At the end of 1981 they had sold 40,000 corvettes; under 4,000 DeLoreans had found homes at that point. Even Porsche, who was still essentially hand building 911s at that point, sold over twice as many 911s as DMC-12s in 1981.
    The thing here is that the DeLorean Sports Car (DMC-12 is actually the platform, not the model #) wasn't going to be a threat all by itself. JZD had known that he needed to build a corporate portfolio. That is where, yes, DMC was an absolute threat to GM. Just as JZD learned from the mistakes of Tucker, Kaiser, and Packard, he knew that the best way to gain foothold was to enter into the niche markets where competition was the lowest, along with loyalty from buyers. The DMC-80 is the perfect example of this. There are essentially 4 types of busses: Municipal Transportation, Motor Coach for long distances, School buses for children, and RV motor coaches. Unlike the modern market of today, GM essentially dominated the municipal bus business all over North America. Just like the DeLorean competing against the Corvette alone, so was the DMC-80 intended to go after GM's RTS bus.

In fact, every single one of DMC's products were niche offerings that seem out of place back in the late 70's/very early 80's, but are absolutely commonplace and even saturated today. DMC-24? A 4 seater sports car? Porsche Panamera which sold over 38,000 units globally last year. DMC-24? Standard Power Sports vehicle dominated by Yamaha, BRP, John Deere, etc.

Add to this the facts that there was not only a plan for DMC to take ownership of the Triumph TR8 to be sold through the well established DeLorean dealership network of a economical sports car, but the fact that DMC was wanting a turn-key car & truck acquisition. AMC with Jeep was ripe for acquisition since the French government wanted to unload AMC from Renault. Something they finally got to do in 1985, and DMC was primed to take over things due to their commitment to the PRV engine to keep Renault workers employed.

Yes, there was very good reason to believe that DMC was an absolute threat to GM. Trust in companies like GM was sinking fast given the embracing of foreign cars by American buyers. So if DMC had have survived, and made Northern Ireland of all places a economic success, combined with JZD's charisma as a CEO who could do no wrong...Yes, DMC was an absolute threat to GM, as well as Toyota, and other car makers. That's not even counting the SUV boom that Detroit was painfully aware of rising on the horizon in 1980, and the chance that DeLorean could have owned Jeep. Plus the entire new engineering system that DMCL developed to initiate immediate engineering changes for new cars on the fly that is now the standard for all global auto makers, it is very easy in fact to see how they were indeed a threat to the entire automotive industry.

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    DMC failed because JZD grossly overestimated the demand for his product, and ran his company like it was an established, legacy automaker. When DMC was struggling he could have unloaded his California ranch, his New Jersey estate, his 5th Ave penthouse, or even sublet DMC’s exorbitant Park Ave offices. Instead, he continued chasing a get rich quick drug scheme. JZD was only ever a threat to himself.
    While I don't argue that JZD could easily have offloaded his properties, and also allowed a bit of revenge to cloud his judgement with the DEA over the drug scheme, the idea that there was no demand for the car is absolutely wrong. The problem with the idea that no one wanted the car is absolutely destroyed by the fact that Hertz wanted to purchase something like 1,200-2,000 DeLoreans to place into their rental fleet, citing customer demand to drive the cars. If no one wanted a DeLorean, why in the world was Hertz willing to dump tens of millions of dollars into buying them? The motivation behind this was that Hertz claimed there was a pent-up demand for these cars, but the average customer couldn't afford one.

Which leads to the other problem: DMC had no internal financing. Ask any original owner, and they'll tell you that they either paid cash, or had financing arraigned through their own bank. When the car was first released, GMAC was the primary consumer finance lender. But once they pulled financing in the late summer of 1981, so did many banks follow suit since GMAC always set the lending standards. Had DMC had it's own internal consumer credit division to offer in-house financing to buyers, they could have leveraged interest rates against competitors, and by decreasing interest payments, made the DeLorean cheaper than even the Corvette by reducing accrued interest rates. Compared to a Porsche even, the monthly payment could have been hundreds of dollars per month cheaper to buy a DeLorean.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    Former owner of 10439 Currently own 06291

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Bob,

When can we see part one of your documentary? I would love to see it.

Happy Holidays,

Adam
    Adam Brandt
    Former owner of 10439 Stage II
    Owner of 06291 DMCH rebuild, Stage II, Eibach, SS Frame

Part 1 Availability

Adam,

Part 1 is being "peer reviewed" right now. One reviewer was so impressed that he watched it 3 times in a row because it was "so good." The initial reviewers have leaned very heavily on me to submit it to the Academy for a documentary series award.

Similar to Jordans and Tamir's film we have to follow the Acadamy's rules in order to be considered for an award.

We did show a draft copy at Virtual Delorean Weekend this year. Since it is going to be at least a 7 parts series, we need to complete at least 2 parts before submittal.

Part 2 is in final editing. Once this is done we should be able to go public, with these 2 parts.

As you know, I have been deeply involved with the Delorean community since 1986 when I bought my first D. What I have discovered in these "declassified" documents is shocking. What we have found out about JZD early life is very informative about his real personna.

The amount of disinformation, rather than actual facts based on the Classified Documents, by itself raises a conspirary question. Why were the real facts hidden? And why were lies and disinformation propagated?

It is going to be a fascination series. Our biggest challenge right now is how you make documents exciting to watch!!

Bob

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I look forward to viewing the completed project.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    Former owner of 10439 Currently own 06291

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob635 View Post
    Adam,

Part 1 is being "peer reviewed" right now. One reviewer was so impressed that he watched it 3 times in a row because it was "so good." The initial reviewers have leaned very heavily on me to submit it to the Academy for a documentary series award.

Similar to Jordans and Tamir's film we have to follow the Acadamy's rules in order to be considered for an award.

We did show a draft copy at Virtual Delorean Weekend this year. Since it is going to be at least a 7 parts series, we need to complete at least 2 parts before submittal.

Part 2 is in final editing. Once this is done we should be able to go public, with these 2 parts.

As you know, I have been deeply involved with the Delorean community since 1986 when I bought my first D. What I have discovered in these "declassified" documents is shocking. What we have found out about JZD early life is very informative about his real personna.

The amount of disinformation, rather than actual facts based on the Classified Documents, by itself raises a conspirary question. Why were the real facts hidden? And why were lies and disinformation propagated?

It is going to be a fascination series. Our biggest challenge right now is how you make documents exciting to watch!!

Bob
    Bob,

I am not a fan of media and how it depicts or demonizes folks. As you know in today's world, all somebody has to do is say it, and world believes it. I can't wait for your documentary to come out. Keep us all posted! Have a happy and safe holidy.

Adam
    Adam Brandt
    Former owner of 10439 Stage II
    Owner of 06291 DMCH rebuild, Stage II, Eibach, SS Frame

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Bob, how did you get hold of these declassified documents? Freedom of information request?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

This sounds very interesting. Looking forward to watching the documentary.

I hope you were able to obtain the receiver's final report to the Parliment.
    Shannon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast