FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DeLorean 2021 40Th Presentation

DeLorean 2021 40Th Presentation

Hi everyone.

Let me start by introducing myself, I am Angel Guerra, from Seville (Spain). I´ve been working since 2008 as a car designer in many brands (five years in Rimac Automobili the most recent one) and I would like to share with you my design tribute to the 40th anniversary of the DeLorean DMC12.

http://www.instagram.com/weareintime2020/?hl=es

I completed this project in the last three weeks, during my free time, and the reason behind it all was that I have failed to see any good proposal in recent years for a new DeLorean, meanwhile the original car and the movie still present in the collective memory of several generations.

I have been thinking that with a new proposal I could start a movement to bring this idea to the fore and maybe have a new DeLorean and a new movie for the 40th anniversary of both; DeLorean (1981), Back to the future (1985).

Of course, this project is not related to either the DeLorean Motor Company brand or the movie Back to the Future, this is just a design tribute without any commercial activity.

This project became quite successful on IG and I would like to share with you because I would like to know your point of view.

Also, I am trying to convince some "actors" to make push an evolution of this project out of the screen, so any help is welcome.

Please, feel free to coment and critic what you like/don´t like about the car.

To make more renders next to the original DeLorean I need some pictures in good quality, but I can not find good ones on internet. I need pictures where is the original DeLorean and there is enough space to introduce another car next to. If someone would like to share some picture with me I will be very gratefull.

So thanks a lot in advance and I am open to answer any question.

Studio_3_44mm_base.jpg Deloreans_Comparison.jpg Studio_2_44mm_base.jpg 07_Harbour_16_9.jpg Rear_16_9.jpg

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Great looking design - certainly looks like a vision of what the car could be designed as today. What would GG think?
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Great looking design - certainly looks like a vision of what the car could be designed as today. What would GG think?
    Thanks!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Very nice design work! I love the subtle 70's era cues.

I did a "hand render" on my Cintiq several years ago. I tried to imagine what a 2nd gen mid-late 80's DeLorean would look like.

attachment-9.jpg

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

That's quiet nice, reminds me of an Aston Martin from the rear.
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Very nice design work! I love the subtle 70's era cues.

I did a "hand render" on my Cintiq several years ago. I tried to imagine what a 2nd gen mid-late 80's DeLorean would look like.

attachment-9.jpg
    I spy 991 911 turbo S wheels.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    10644

Angel, this is really nice work. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I had noticed the renderings on Instagram. Every few years, there's another mockup of a "new" DeLorean that usually ends with us DeLorean owners at gas stations trying to explain to people that what they saw on the Internet isn't real.

One concern worth noting: I noticed that your initial post referred to the car as a tribute, but when anyone asks if it's going into production you coyly say, "Ask DMC". I think DMC and all DeLorean owners would appreciate it if you'd just explain that you're a talented automotive designer and that this is your tribute to the DeLorean.

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 4.36.01 PM.jpg
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

My VIN:    5999

Overall, I think this is one of the better designs I've seen. I feel like the taillights are one of the iconic features of the original Delorean. It would be nice to see that somehow referenced in this design. The only thing I don't really care for, in this design, are the two massive air dams in the rear. They don't seem to be proportioned correctly, to me.

My VIN:    10201

It's a nice design, but it doesn't say DeLorean to me except the wheels and color. It doesn't get mentioned much, but I can never divorce DeLoreans from the angled wedge design. Most redesigns give it a nice curved design which makes me think of audi and Porsche. Besides that though,, the wheels are absolutely what I'd expect to see in a modern DeLorean.