FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aluminum Radiator Mfr Options

Aluminum Radiator Mfr Options

Hey guys

I had been waiting 6 months for DPI/Delorean Industries to make a new batch of aluminum radiators, but after speaking to Josh with all the problems due to COVID and lack of materials & labor there is no estimate on when or IF a new batch will ever be made.

I know deloreango sells one which I believe is from delorean.eu and is a 2 row version....

Are there others out there?

Who's got the best one out?

Currently using DPI/Delorean Industries' stainless shroud with high flow low amp fans.

Thanks
    Dave M

My VIN:    10644

DMC has an aluminum radiator. My car has it installed from the PO: https://store.delorean.com/catalog/product/view/id/314

I couldn't tell you which is the best. My car doesn't overheat, so I'd call it a win. I'm sure all of them are great.
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    DMC has an aluminum radiator. My car has it installed from the PO: https://store.delorean.com/catalog/product/view/id/314

I couldn't tell you which is the best. My car doesn't overheat, so I'd call it a win. I'm sure all of them are great.
    Same for me. Last fall I talked with Josh , he was out of stock and said it would be a while. So I went with the DMC radiator. Everything lined up and fit well. I was very pleased with it.

Ron

My VIN:    6125

I'm also running a DMCH all aluminum radiator. I installed it back in 2012 and have no complaints. The car seems to run cooler than with the OE radiator w/ plastic side tanks.

The only slight issue I had during installation was that I had to do a little bit of grinding on the original fan shroud for clearance to the side tank welds, but nothing major. I probably could have gotten away with installing the shroud as-is, but it wouldn't have sat perfectly flush. Otherwise fit and finish was just like the original.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

For years I am running the DeloreanGo radiator with DPI fans/shroud. No issues even on the hottest day in Florida. Aside from it not coming with the bolts on the bottom, I had no issues with anything being warped or fins being bent, everything simply bolted right on.
    -----Dan B.

I also have the DMCH radiator, installed in 2008. Works great.

Hey guys

Appreciate everyone's input.....
    yeah I was a little worried with using DPI's Fan setup on another Mfr's radiator fan, but looks like everyone has used radiators from DMC & Deloreango and no problems.

Are all the Aluminum radiators out there only 2 row?

Also it looks like the DMC ones come painted in black ???
    https://store.delorean.com/media/cat...1/0/100486.jpg

and are NOT bare/polished aluminum like the ones from
    delorean.eu https://www.delorean.eu/catalog/imag...t/DSC02517.JPG
    or deloreango
    https://www.deloreango.com/pub/media...n-radiator.jpg

So I guess I might have a bias towards the polished aluminum versions.

Dave M

My VIN:    10201

I got mine from PJ Grady which I think is the DMC Europe version. It's installed with the DPI fan shroud. The holes were slightly misaligned, but it was really easy to fix with a drill. Your biggest worry will be breaking off the AC condenser studs.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

There was some debate about how the paint may or may not have an effect on heat transfer, I can't find the thread offhand but it didn't bother me anyway having the aluminum radiator the silver color. AFAIK there is no specific vendor only fan/radiator setup, the radiators have the holes in the stock position and the fans mount as stock so you should be able to interchange shrouds/radiators as you want. I think back when Hervey was alive, he was selling a 3-row which had its issues of its own regarding fitment. The engine is a 2.8, the two row is and has been just fine keeping things cool as long as everything else is working properly.

The last I knew, Grady was selling the DeloreanGo version radiator.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    The last I knew, Grady was selling the DeloreanGo version radiator.
    I just looked at DeloreanGo and it's also the DMC Europe one lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast