FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Clutch Bleeding Issues

My VIN:    Latest VIN 83

Club(s):   (DCF) (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Clutch Bleeding Issues

Reinstalled the clutch master and installed a new Slave, I already have a stainless line .
    But I’m not getting any fluid out of the master when I loosen the line under pressure.
    Nor at the slave
    Any suggestions on how to correct.
    Thx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

take the master off and bleed it on the bench like you do with a brake master cylinder

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Sometimes you get an air bubble in the hose from the fluid reservoir to the clutch master cylinder. That prevents fluid getting into the master cylinder. Make sure fluid is getting into the master cylinder. If you see the hose "sweating" it should be replaced. One way to make sure there is no air bubble is to reverse pressurize the clutch master, you could even do it from the slave cylinder. If you don't have a pressure injector you might have to remove and bench bleed the master cylinder to get started.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Aside from trying the bench bleeding mentioned above, I have two other tips:

1) If you still have the original plastic washer at the slave, replace it with a soft metal one ( copper / aluminum ).

2) Then, get/borrow a vacuum pump and attach it at the slave. The goal is to pump/ draw the fluid through the line with an assistant pumping the clutch pedal. Do this until fluid is present at the slave. Then follow normal bleeding procedures. Make sure the master doesn't get low or out of fluid as the reservoir is small. The assistant is handy to watch/ refill fluid.

I had trouble until I used the vacuum pump. Then it was straightforward. I think the elevation of the slave after a long clutch line causes issues, especially when you are starting from an empty system.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)