FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ive been meaning to share my progress of 16563

My VIN:    5625

Man! You’ve come a long way! Everything looks great!!
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    16563

Here are some pictures on the bumper sanding prep and paint.
    After sanding down these bumpers I had found a lot of imperfections in the plastic. Grooves and small holes. I used the filler primer paint at first on the front bumper and then painted and then clear coat. However I could see the imperfections slightly still and I was not happy. So I sanding it all down again and used filler to fix everything front and rear and started the process again. Im very happy with the color and the quality of how they turned out. I will color sand the bumpers once the car is complete. I just didnt want to get too caught up in any one part of it until the car is done. Then I can scrutinize. I have included the pictures of the products I used as I had much luck with them. Considering it was all rattle can, prep work and paint quality was super important. No room for error.
    Attached Images
    1983 Delorean-auto, black/gray int. 38k miles

My VIN:    16563

I decided once painting my engine cover and knowing I had the stainless steel insert grills to install, I didnt like the black dingy retaining strips on the under side that help them in. So I soaked them in CLR, then sanded them with 400, 800, 1200 and used an agent for metal to prevent rusting and them clear coated them. Im happy about the way they look and I feel like its a nice finish to under the engine cover.
    Attached Images
    1983 Delorean-auto, black/gray int. 38k miles

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Looking great! I've always loved the stainless engine cover grilles - they add a classy touch.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2