FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Pulling the brake booster...

My VIN:    15275

Pulling the brake booster...

how hard is it to do?? i have the master cyllinder off as i am putting a new one because of a leak and was going to pull the booster to repaint.. does anything else need to come off?? or can i just undo the three bolts inside the car and the linkage???

My VIN:    4365

I don't remember having too much of a problem getting to mine. Access to the nuts was a bit tricky. Like many things, just a bit of patience.

The part I remember having some issue was actually removing the booster itself. I think the studs and the matching stud holes were just off enough to cause some interference when trying to remove the booster. With a bit of patience and rocking it back and forth I was able to get it removed. I was concerned about the threads on the studs themselves. I don't know if I just was lucky but the threads were not damaged. You already mentioned this, but remember to disconnect the linkage.

Putting the booster back on was just reversing the process. Nothing real tricky.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

My VIN:    05257

Quote Originally Posted by painterdave72 View Post
    how hard is it to do?? i have the master cyllinder off as i am putting a new one because of a leak and was going to pull the booster to repaint.. does anything else need to come off?? or can i just undo the three bolts inside the car and the linkage???
    Hi, was it easy to remove the master cyllinder? Mine is leaking too. Where did you the procedure and what new part did you order? Thanks!

Gesendet von meinem Mi 9T mit Tapatalk

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Remove the covers above the M/C and access it from above, it's easier. To remove the M/C you undo the 2 brake lines and the 2 nuts holding it to the booster.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by painterdave72 View Post
    There is a bit more to it than that. Nothing wrong with the posts here so far.

Booster/servo removal/installation including optional steps for the vacuum check valve are in Section L:07:01 of the DeLorean Workshop Manual.

Reference the DWM here if you don't have a copy handy there. See pg 265 of the Hybrid Wkshp Manual .pdf
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    15275

i got it

just had to undo the clutch master and move out of the way.. i have a new booster check valve so it should be fine.. Dave...