FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Knee pad studs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    3281, 6344

Knee pad studs

Does anyone have a source for these? This is the step stud that is used on the knee pads... apparently I took them off years ago and have not found the box. Now I can’t seem to find replacements! They seem to be M10-1.5 to M6-1.0... a rather odd combo.

Thanks!
    Travis

546B4896-6304-4D87-A519-FFE15A4E557D.jpg

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by tgraham View Post
    Does anyone have a source for these? This is the step stud that is used on the knee pads... apparently I took them off years ago and have not found the box. Now I can’t seem to find replacements! They seem to be M10-1.5 to M6-1.0... a rather odd combo.

Thanks!
    Travis

546B4896-6304-4D87-A519-FFE15A4E557D.jpg
    Just so you know it’s not one stud. the M6 is threaded into the M10 threaded insert. You can get these type of inserts at a good hardware store. The might not have metric but you should be able to make something work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/M6-M10-Thre....m46890.l49292
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    3281, 6344

Hey Dennis,

Thanks! I didn't actually know that That'll make it easier. I guess I either didn't investigate enough and/or mine are crusty enough not to notice. You learn something new every day.

Travis

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

You can cut a piece of threaded rod snd use epoxy/jbweld putty/similar to put it in place to make your own.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

While you're at it, consider using wing nuts for future access.