FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Quick help with rear interior quarter panels please...

My VIN:    16563

Quick help with rear interior quarter panels please...

Hey guys,

Im getting these rear quarters in today and I have a few questions. Whats the gold bracket in the picture for? Also the side floor carpet piece has material attached that wraps around the frame and is glued. The material on the quarter panel also wraps around the frame so im wondering where one material ends and the other begins. What does the finished result look like. The way i understand the install is to feed the seatbelt through the hole, fit the quarter panel in place and 2 screws in the bottom ad 1 screw at the top back. Anything im missing? theres no going back once the material is wrapped around and glued.
    Thanks
    Attached Images
    1983 Delorean-auto, black/gray int. 38k miles

My VIN:    Midproduction

You can use a fir tree on the panel bracket and feed it into that bracket on the body. That should help keep the panel against the body while you wrap the excess vinyl around the door seal flange. That bracket is helpful, but not a necessary part of reinstalling your panel.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcnc View Post
    You can use a fir tree on the panel bracket and feed it into that bracket on the body. That should help keep the panel against the body while you wrap the excess vinyl around the door seal flange. That bracket is helpful, but not a necessary part of reinstalling your panel.
    Hmm that makes sense but theres not really a place in the panel itself to hold the fir tree. Or a hole in the panel to hold the fir tree

My VIN:    Midproduction

Mine (mid production car) came with one, and I've seen it on the drawings as well as earlier cars. I'm guessing later cars didn't come with it, which makes the bracket on the body more of an appendix.

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

You should use rubber cement to glue the material together. Uses as directed on both sides, let it dry a bit, then bond together.

Good tip about the fir tree 🌲 👍🏼

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You should use rubber cement to glue the material together. Uses as directed on both sides, let it dry a bit, then bond together.

Good tip about the fir tree 🌲 👍🏼
    The material on the quarter panel wraps around all the way to the bottom of the door jam because its been reupholstered but on if it was original I think the material stop at the arm rest part and this is the spot that the material from the carpet kit runs up and joins it. Im just wondering at what point exactly do they come together on the door jam