Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
So did you have to rebuild the fuel distributor?
I took the distributor off the car and did the following WITHOUT opening the two halves.

1. I carefully removed the plunger, cleaned it and set it to the side wrapped in a rag
2. Pulled the fuel pressure regulator out and took that apart, cleaned it an replaced the rubber orings with new ones from DeloreanGO
3. I removed each small screen from the output ports at the top of the distributor (the ports going to each injector) and replaced them with new ones from DeloreanGO. The screens come out by threading a machine screw into the tops of them and then pulling them out. They are made of plastic and are pressed in.
4. I cleaned the chamber where the plunger goes into the distributor and I also cleaned out the chamber where the pressure regulator goes into.
5. Prior to installing the new screens into the output ports, you could connect everything back to the car and run the fuel pump to flush the distributor. Just connect the injector hoses the the distributor, without the injectors, place each hose into a secured large fuel proof container and flush new gas through it. Take the hoses off, drive the new screens in and you're all set. If your distributor isn't in really bad shape, it should come back to life. I had a lot of varnish in my lines and just doing that cleaned everything up and my engine fires right up perfectly. Just make sure you don't run acetone or carb cleaner through the distributor or you'll rot the orings located inside of it warranting a full rebuild.

If you notice that fuel isn't coming out of any of the injector lines when you're flushing it, you may have a larger clog. You can keep trying to flush it and if it doesn't work, send it out for a rebuild.

When I reassembled everything, I applied a very light coat of Marvels mystery oil to the orings to lubricate them for the installation.