FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hello, old friends. It's been a long time.

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

+1,000. We all need to get together like there's no tomorrow. Life is starting to move too fast.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    5311

I swear, these cars have some kind of sensor in them that detects when you fix things. As soon as you push in a working part, another working part somewhere else on the car dies. I replaced the door struts and the ignition coil, and now the e-brake stopped working.

I'm also sick to death of replacing the goddamn angle drive. I've replaced it three times since owning the car, and it needs another one. (Has for a while.) What's funny is that everything between the AD and the speedo is lubed up and spinning freely.

- Chris

what

My VIN:    5302

Quote Originally Posted by ccurzio View Post
    I swear, these cars have some kind of sensor in them that detects when you fix things. As soon as you push in a working part, another working part somewhere else on the car dies.
    OMG, yes!!! I've said similar things to my wife in the past, when coming in from the garage in frustration. I've decided it's best to leave "one thing" broken, something that's not too bothersome, to check the box and keep the DeLorean car gods happy.

Have you tried the one-piece speedo cable, that bypasses the yellow Lambda counter? I got one from Grady a long time ago, and the angle drive has been ok ever since.
    It's a pain to remove the gauge cluster to connect it, but was well worth it. I polished the clear instrument cluster plastic while it was all out.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    5311

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    Have you tried the one-piece speedo cable, that bypasses the yellow Lambda counter?
    I haven't. I'm goofy in that I like the LAMBDA counter, but the last time I replaced the AD I did actually disassemble the counter and made sure it was lubed up nice and good, then once I had the lower speedo cable hooked up I made sure everything was turning freely through to the upper cable.

I mean if it comes down to it I suppose I could switch to the one-piece cable, but I would do that only if it really really really came down to it. The idea of an instrument cluster teardown does not appeal to me in any way. (I'd probably do an LED conversion at the same time on all the supported bulbs in there though.)
    - Chris

what

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3