FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Loose bolts under battery/storage compartment?

My VIN:    10207

Question Loose bolts under battery/storage compartment?

Came across these, while undoing what looks like a coolant fan override switch:
    DSC_0179.jpgDSC_0181.jpg

There are two on each side of the car, but three holes one each side. They're not attached to anything.
    Are they supposed to attach to something / hold something to the underside of the car or are they a modification?
    Please excuse the crudity of this DeLorean as I didn't have time to repair it yet.
    VIN 10207 - December '81, Gray Interior, 3-speed automatic, stock PRV engine.

My VIN:    06201

If I remember correctly they hold the trailing arm shield/air deflector plates to the underside of the car.

https://store.delorean.com/parts/fra...or-plates.html

Item #18

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

As wrote above! what you have are the OE ones, most people replace with a one piece metal plate with welded on studs, however I guess you don't have the deflector shields either!
    Attached Images
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    As wrote above! what you have are the OE ones, most people replace with a one piece metal plate with welded on studs, however I guess you don't have the deflector shields either!
    About to bolt my shields back on after painting. I had a loose screw and considered the bracket but in the end I just glued it down. It'll hold just fine once it's bolted together. I did replace the nuts and washers though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

My VIN:    10207

Thanks guys!

That seems to be excactly what I needed. And no, I don't have the shields...
    That's not excactly the first thing I found out is missing on this beautiful machine.

Back to the drawing board, ehrmm.... webshop, that is.
    Please excuse the crudity of this DeLorean as I didn't have time to repair it yet.
    VIN 10207 - December '81, Gray Interior, 3-speed automatic, stock PRV engine.