FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Craig Stereo Fuse

Quote Originally Posted by FireTrails83 View Post
    Ok one: thank you I won?t whew! And two: so they?re the long white plastic pieces near the end on the right side of your picture? I think I?m checking on the wrong side of the harness. I?m checking after the connecting clip.
    edit: ok i found the skinny plastic bits with the green/white and purple wires, but don't know how to actually get inside/disassemble those. Im trying to diagnose and fix my radio myself and this is the most I've ever worked on my car.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by FireTrails83 View Post
    edit: ok i found the skinny plastic bits with the green/white and purple wires, but don't know how to actually get inside/disassemble those. Im trying to diagnose and fix my radio myself and this is the most I've ever worked on my car.
    To open the in-line fuseholder you push it together while twisting it to undo it. Be careful not to let the fuse fall out. If it hits the floor it can break, it is a glass fuse. Inside the fuse is a link. If it appears to be broken inside it is bad but to confirm it is good you should use a meter to check continuity. On one of the ends you will see an ampere rating.
    David Teitelbaum

David, thank you very very much I appreciate that information.

Got the fuse out and it’s definitely the 5 amp, thank you for the location and disassembly guys! It was so easy after I knew what to do. Hopefully last question I promise. The #2 post on here has a link for a 5 amp fuse. It says 250 Volts. Now is that the rated up to that voltage or will any 5 amperage glass fuse work with the same dimensions? I only ask because I’ve found several 5 amp in the correct dimensions. Thank you.
    Last edited by FireTrails83; 06-21-2023 at 03:13 PM.

My VIN:    4365

The 250 volts is just the voltage rating for the fuse itself.

You should be fine with any AGC fuse rated for 5 amps.

Brilliant thank you Sandman. I?m particularly excited because I have the American VW Vanagon cigarette lighter coming Friday so I can use it with a Bluetooth adaptor through the radio that will HOPEFULLY be functional by then. I?m one of those that CANNOT live without music so having my dream car be a library has been torture.

Thank you all for your patience with all my questions big and small.

Thank you many many times over Sandman and David for you help and patience. Besides the cassette door only working when pushed back, the radio works great now with a new 5 & 2 amp fuses. Putting in the Vanagon cigarette lighter tomorrow so I can then use a Bluetooth adaptor. This has been dead for 5 years so I decided to do something about it and am so happy the fix wasn?t bad or expensive at all. Cheers guys!
    Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2