Woohoo!

It was fun while it lasted. Lol.

So I got my fancy PPV o-rings and installed them in the car last night. Started it up and it would run as long as I didn't let it go to idle. I decided to take it for a spin to see if warming it up made a differnce. First I drove it around my yard few times. I have 10 acres and it seemed to drive fine. It had more power than I would expect from 130hp. I asked my wife if she wanted to go for a short ride on the road. She said she would stay there incase I needed rescuing. (Smart woman)

So I drive down to my gate. Of course this is the first time I used the brakes with some speed. They worked, but were a little grabby. The rotors look terrible and I figured it was cleaning off some rust. Anyways, right after I got on the road, I had problems. First, the steering was pulling to the left hard. I got in second gear and was going up the road about half a mile when the engine started getting weaker. I figured there was trouble and decided to go back. I turned around and got a short distance and it wouldn't go.

I still ran and now it would idle. I suspected the brakes were locked up. I got out and felt them and three of them were warm. The left front was smoking hot. I couldn't push the car at all. The engine ran, but couldn't be revved above 2 grand. I shut it off and called the wife. I towed it home with my truck. (Wife driving)

When I got it in my yard, I left it while I put away my truck and some other stuff. Because I had the warning lights on while I towed it, the battery was dead. (12 year old battery) I had another somewhat newer battery in my shop, so I installed it. I tried the starter and it cranked right up and ran fine. I drove it around the yard and everything was fine for about two minutes. Then the engine was back to limited revs. I put it in garage. At least the brakes seemed to have fixed them selves. (I'm sure I will be changing them out soon.)

Today's another day. Ha-ha.