FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What battery are you using now

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

What battery are you using now

Going to have to replace the battery in my car.

What battery are you using?

Is anyone using "Sealed" batteries?

I don't check the levels in the battery and living in the heat of Florida batteries don't last.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I would go with an Interstate. Optimas suck, run away.

Now I am going to ignore my own advice because the battery in my work van is going bad so I am getting an AC Delco(friend is hooking me up) and I will take the Interstate from my DeLorean for the van and put the AC in the Delorean.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post

Now I am going to ignore my own advice because the battery in my work van is going bad so I am getting an AC Delco(friend is hooking me up) and I will take the Interstate from my DeLorean for the van and put the AC in the Delorean.
    Interstate does not carry many sealed batteries (at my tire stores or garages). I usually buy the least expensive sealed battery at Walmart or Sears.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Optimas use to be good. I knew one of the designers of it. They were sold to the Mexicans and now the quality fell off. He went to work for Northstar. He has retired since, but they still make the best battery in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    Optimas use to be good. I knew one of the designers of it. They were sold to the Mexicans and now the quality fell off. He went to work for Northstar. He has retired since, but they still make the best battery in my opinion.
    I always thought the most expensive was the best but after I went through 3 Optimas in like 5 years, I started asking queations and learned about them selling out. Just like the Bosch fuel pumps and pretty much everything else.

When I heard about DieHard batteries making a comeback I started researching as I was going to get one just for the novelty/history but the only thong about DieHard today that is the same from 20 years ago is the decal on the battery case.
    Last edited by Michael; 03-04-2021 at 09:11 PM.

I always thought the most expensive was the best but after I went through 3 Optimas in like 5 years, I started asking queations and learned about them selling out. Just like the Bosch fuel pumps and pretty much everything else.

When I heard about DieHard batteries making a comeback I started researching as I was going to get one just for the novelty/history but the only thong about DieHard today that is the same from 20 years ago is the decal on the battery case.
    Most battery manufacturers went south of the border because of over regulation. They might have come back, not now. Chrome plating is also pretty much gone in this country. Fiberglass shops is probably next.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Interstate changed manufacturers a couple of years ago and the quality went to shit. Delco is the better option now.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Interstate changed manufacturers a couple of years ago and the quality went to shit. Delco is the better option now.
    That explains why my work van battery lasted a year. I got an Interstate "blem" from the battery guy for like 60 bucks (no warranty but 60 bucks is pretty cheap). The Interstate in my DeLorean is about 3 years old so it should be good for a bit longer in daily driver mode.

Sounds like AC Delco is the new Interstate/is the new Optima.

Last summer I replaced my battery with a Super Start Extreme from O’Reilly. I think it is made in the USA but I’m not sure. Anyway, it was a fair price and available locally, and came with a 3 year free replacement nationwide warranty.

My VIN:    Midproduction

I have a Northstar, which perhaps is overkill - but has worked flawlessly over the last two years. Made in Springfield, Missouri.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast