FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: What holds the Top corners of the front fascia on?

My VIN:    4978

What holds the Top corners of the front fascia on?

So i'm taking the front end off my car so I can replace the headlight brackets. but I can't get the front off. I already cracked it and still wont' come off. I took off all the screws along the trunk. I have the bottom spoiler off. I pulled the bottom stud out of the fender hold on both sides, but the top corners will not release. It's so tight, and the corner will not slide back. I can't even get a screwdriver in there, it's so tight. Anyone have a picture of what the inside corners look like, so I can see what is holding it in place. What kind of bracket is in there?

here is pictures of how tight the fascia is, and the crack I made. Other side is equally tight and doesn't budge. When trying to get the bottom to move, i had chunks of white resin seem to fall out from the inside back of the fascia.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    6125

This probably isn't going to be all that helpful, but it's the only pic I've got at the moment. You can kind of make out the stud that is formed into the fascia that needs to be released from the fender.

I remember this being difficult to remove since the stud is longer than it needs to be, and the fascia shrinks with age.

EDIT:

Here you can see the fender bracket with holes where those studs on the fascia install. Again, terrible photos from like 13 years ago, sorry it's not clearer.

Double ninja edit:

Try checking out this video, it should be helpful
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD6U-GTQz-w

Last edited by Mark D; 03-09-2021 at 12:56 PM.

My VIN:    3937

More information and pictures here: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?23...oval-Procedure

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    03500

Man I really hate to say it since you went down the rabbit hole. But it is possible to take the headlight brackets out without taking the front fascia off if that was the only purpose for doing so. I've done it.

Dave B.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

You dont need to remove the fascia to remove the headlight brackets.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.