FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: My listings keep disappearing wtf

My VIN:    Scedt26t0bd004430

My listings keep disappearing wtf

I bought my first DeLorean about seven months ago. I kept hearing how good the community was but every time I threw a post up on here It gets taken down right away all I was trying to do was offer a bunch of highly sought after parts that I’m not using for probably the lowest price on the market but somebody on here clearly doesn’t want that. So no hard feelings I’ll just put it on eBay for full price. see you at the next car show ✌🏻
    Yes It takes a man to own a rare car, but it takes a real man to hack one up!!!

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Not true! You've posted 3 ads -- You have only had one removed.

The 1st one didn't include a price, etc. and you ignored a member pointing out what was missing in your ad, a link to the rules, and a PM. Although you never added the info, the ad is still there.
    The 2nd one is still there.
    The 3rd, today, again no price but asked for reasonable offers. It's in the bit bucket.

The community is what it is because of the rules...

BTW - This thread should have been started in the Forum Support - Announcements Section.

My VIN:    Scedt26t0bd004430

Sorry man I build cars and motorcycles NOT user agreements for message board’s. If I wanted to spend the time typing out 40 different ads researching all the prices and posting the photos I would’ve just done the EBay thing but I thought doing a casual, this is what I have make offer would be cheaper and easier for everyone involved. Not to mention be in the spirit of what a casual message form is meant for.
    Yes It takes a man to own a rare car, but it takes a real man to hack one up!!!

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

No problem!...except you posting BS about all of your posts being removed??
    You building user agreements has nothing to do with anything here.
    Nor pictures, because you didn't post links to another website.
    Nor researching prices -- If you don't want to, just post how much you want.

If you were around before the rules were in place, I think you would understand...
    [Edit- Forget I said that.]

FWIW, I don't understand what the big deal is about pricing your parts...you are evidently going to do it on eBay now anyways, but whatever. Good luck (seriously).

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Ron runs a tight ship. I have been annoyed in the past but I can also understand you need to follow a few rules if you want to sell something on here, or anywhere. The most important rule: LIST A PRICE!

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Ron runs a tight ship.
    It's a freakin' battleship!

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

from my perspective, not posting a price is a backdoor way of running an auction basically. It's what you do when the part is of little value to you but you hope somebody wants it badly. If you really aren't sure what a part is worth - post it with a price that will make you happy but it may not sell, followed by the words "or best offer".

You get to set your "buy it now" price and still open the door to offers while still meeting the obligations of the community. We've forgotten that to be a part of a community means we can't all be rugged individualists sometimes. Individualists have mounds of junk laying around and can't keep their cars running. Community members work together and everyone benefits.

I'm on a forum for another car I'm putting back together and its nothing like this group. Information is hard to come by. We all need to be thankful that this community exists and that the members and admins have made is such a fantastic resource.

A lot of forums don't allow members to post ads untill they have a certain number of posts. The posts can't be just "Cool" either. It ensures that the ad poster is really part of the community and not a scammer. I'm not saying this guy is a scammer, but 3 posts and a complaint about the rules?