FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Source for Door Harness Terminals

My VIN:    1465

Post Source for Door Harness Terminals

Hi,
    I'm splicing in a section of my driver's side door harness from the roof box to where it enters the door because the wires at the hinge point are either broken or frayed.

I intend on reusing the plastic wire block, but I'm having trouble locating the square female wire terminals. I got some 6.3 millimeter ones that looked close, but they wouldn't fit.

I suppose I could update both the male and female connectors with new ones, like Deutsch ones, but I'm being lazy and cheap.

Does anyone know of a source for these style terminal connectors?

door_terminal.jpg

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Curt_DMC View Post
    Hi,
    I'm splicing in a section of my driver's side door harness from the roof box to where it enters the door because the wires at the hinge point are either broken or frayed.

I intend on reusing the plastic wire block, but I'm having trouble locating the square female wire terminals. I got some 6.3 millimeter ones that looked close, but they wouldn't fit.

I suppose I could update both the male and female connectors with new ones, like Deutsch ones, but I'm being lazy and cheap.

door_terminal.jpg
    Is the male pin a standard 1/4" wide? Also if you have a micrometer how thick is the male pin. I'm thinking standard relay socket pins may work.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Curt_DMC View Post
    Hi,

door_terminal.jpg

You might want to contact [email protected] Email him a close up multiple view of the terminal with description of what it’s from. If he doesn’t have something he might be able to identify the style and point you to a source.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    1465

Thank you for your responses.

I did find these terminals. They are produced by TE Connectivity. The only place I could find, where you could buy them in small quantities, was at automotiveconnectors.com. However, they're based in the UK and they want $55US for 20 connectors.

I'm going to resort to using Deutsch connectors. They're probably better than the factory molex connectors anyway.

Here's the part numbers if anyone is interested.

Terminals: Part#: 342414-2
    https://www.te.com/usa-en/product-342414-2.html

Housing (Female): Part#: 154980-9
    https://www.te.com/usa-en/product-154980-9.html

Housing: (Male): Part#: 154979-9
    https://www.te.com/usa-en/product-154979-9.html
    Last edited by Curt_DMC; 03-28-2021 at 10:54 AM.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

This is excellent that you were able to Identify them. That’s half the battle. I suggest you post this in the RESOURCES Section call it Door/Roof harness connectors information.

Could you also post the Male spade terminal info to complete the connector assembly. I seemed to recall one or two empty housing spots that an extra wire or two could be added to run an additional item like Mirror a mounted turn indicator indicator.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.