FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: car runs for 2-3 minutes then dies.

My VIN:    17131

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    One thing I would look at is the stand alone fuse (#7). You show the pic of it missing, but not the new fuse. On mine, the previous owner had installed a smaller wire inline fuse holder that would get hot and not let 12 volts to the pump. When you speak of the numbers on the relay, is it the brown wire you are connecting to the purple/white? That never fails to run my pump. (I have that same pump) Your jumper wire should be 12 ga so as not to reduce voltage to the pump.
    It's hiding somewhere, I haven't been able to find it. I will ask DMCMW and see if that's part of what they do when they install that pump.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

It would seem you disturbed the problem when you switched the parts. Most likely a bad connection somewhere. Make sure all of the connectors in the plugs are fully seated, not overheated and still have some spring in them so they grip their mates.
    David Teitelbaum

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by aharris82 View Post
    Yes, and I assume thats why it didn't sound excellent, a little jumbly and minor backfiring. Since that would keep the lambda offline?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by aharris82 View Post
    It's hiding somewhere, I haven't been able to find it. I will ask DMCMW and see if that's part of what they do when they install that pump.
    There was nothing in the install kits or instructions I got, so I doubt they would do anything there unless they saw a problem.

I'm with David on checking connections and chasing the return line from the FD back.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4