FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Delphi Fuel Pump DFG0089 & Hardware replacement

My VIN:    03500

A common problem with these pump setups is getting the closing panel on. Well I know mine was a bit tricky. So in these cases where the panel gives it so much down force does one really have to worry when you get it seated and clamped the best you can?

Dave B.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

You don't want the cover rubbing a hole in the top of the pump from vibration... I put a small square of plywood on the pump, started the screws, and slowly tightened them while carefully heating the area with a heat gun. (Then tossed the plywood.)

My VIN:    5591

I’ll ask my question again, but in a more general fashion since I didn’t get an answer: what do you need (besides the pump and v clamp) to do this job? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MacStainless View Post
    I’ll ask my question again, but in a more general fashion since I didn’t get an answer: what do you need (besides the pump and v clamp) to do this job? Thanks.
    - The pump should come with a new connector so you'll need find the pin outs of the pump you purchases and splice it into the cars wire harness.
    - Optional would be to install a check valve, i installed one in the event the one in the pump failed
    - If you are not going to use the OEM fuel sender and want to use the float on the new pump, purchase a fuel ECU from Dave Mckeen to interface it to your gauge
    - Fuel injection fuel lines and clamps
    - Quick connect fittings to snap onto the barbs of the fuel pump

That's really about it for parts.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    That's the setup I used and I love it. I have no problems with the original sending unit. It works just fine mainly because I don't run my car to vapors before filling it up. Josh also sends 2 hookup options as well as one heck of a in line check valve.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    16409

Hello sorry I haven’t checked this thread in a few days. My kit has everything you need to install the GM pump. Send me a PM.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    03572

You would need the mating electrical connector. The quick connect fittings for the fuel pump (outlet and return). Some extra hose if yours is to short. And fuel injection hose clamps for that hose. You may also want the external check valve. You may also need some extra wire (16 AWG is fine). Butt splices for the wire and crimping tool.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    5591

Thanks everyone. I very well may need to do fuel pump / line work soon and I’m trying to get my ducks in a row.

As far as the DPI kit goes, will it have any issue with KJet? From what I know, their stuff is for EFI and I would hate to possibly buy that kit and then have compatibility issues.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Our offering is for K jet cars. Our EFI pump system is only part of our full EFI kit.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast