So let me explain what happened. My DeLorean always starts on the first turn of the key. Wednesday I was talking with Robert at DMC Florida, I needed the end caps to the bolsters and wanted 200 DeLorean Post Cards, I like to hand them out during car shows. I was thanking him for all the work they have done on my car. I bragged about how my car always starts on the first turn of the key (lesson learned don't jinx yourself).

Anyway, the car started Wednesday when I went to fill it with gas. It started Thursday when I pulled it out to clean it up. That’s the good news.

I was going to the Celebration Exotic Car Show Saturday. Every year I try to make it a family event. We own a Disney Timeshare and I try to get a 2 or 3 bedroom place to stay so all the kids can come. We can do a couple days at Disney and then they can come to the car show. As a side note if you want to do this I recommend you stay at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Kidani Village. Why you ask, they have covered parking. I don’t like leaving my D our in the sun, but, we couldn’t get a reservation there so we had to stay at Old Key West. I really shouldn’t complain that place was huge. 3 bedrooms, 4 baths, sleeps 12, full kitchen, dining room, living room and covered outdoor porch.

Anyway back to the story, I got up at 06:30 Friday morning to head to Epcot and it wouldn’t start. I worked on it till 08:30 and had to drop it. I was meeting my family at Epcot at 10:30 and I had to be there. I emailed all the members of the DeLorean Club of Florida to tell them I wouldn’t be able to attend.

Tony Ierardi, owner and Robert Gadocha, service manager of DeLorean Motor Company Florida advised they would do whatever it takes for me to be there. Robert called and asked if I could go back home after Epcot and he would walk me through everything he could think of to get to car started. I also received a lot of useful tips from the DeLorean Club of Florida members.
I left Epcot at 18:00 and got home at 20:30 opened the garage and car wouldn’t start. Robert worked with me for ½ hour and still nothing. He then said that Tony, authorized and paid for a flatbed to come from Orlando to my house in Seminole, about 100 miles to pick up the car and take it to Celebration. I told him not to worry about it but Tony was emphatic and said I have been coming for 11 years and there is no way a little problem like the car not starting was going to keep me from attending.

So, the wrecker got there at 00:30 and the first thing the driver said was to try and start the car because sometimes the cars he is sent to pick up sense his arrival and will start so they don’t have to go on the wrecker. Nope still turned over but wouldn’t start.

♫ ♫ So we loaded up the truck and moved to Celebration ♫ ♫

We got to Celebration unloaded the car and pushed it to the area for the car show. I then said let’s see what happens, got in the car and it started right up. I was TICKED OFF. The wrecker drivers said that he has seen that happen several times. He thinks it’s the bumping around on the back of the wrecker and loosens any gunk off the fuel filters allowing more gas to get to the car.
I got to the room and laid down about 03:30 but was so upset I couldn’t get to sleep. I felt really bad, Robert was talking me through and troubleshooting the car starting while he was at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Tony had paid for the wrecker and I kept asking myself if there was anything else I could have done so as not to inconvenience anyone.

Anyway got to the show after 26 hours and no sleep but I made it. When it came time to start the cars for the award ceremony it started right up.

After the show I took the car to DMC Florida to drop off the car so they can check it out and do a few minor upgrades.

Finally got to bed at about 21:00 so, 39 hours without sleep I was beat.

Thanks especially to Tony and Robert from DMC Florida for the wrecker and help. These are the kind of people I like to do business with.