FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Wheels Enkei RPF1

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

New Wheels Enkei RPF1

I needed to find a wheel larger than stock to clear my recent brake upgrades (require a minimum 16" wheel)
    In the process of upsizing the brakes I converted to a 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern. This is a very common bolt pattern and gave me more options for wheels especially in RWD offsets.

After looking around I settled on Enkei RPF1s. They are a very popular wheel in the tuner and racing crowd due to their light weight. I dropped almost 10lbs per corner in the back. I also feel that they are a sporty take on the stock wheels. I know that is up for debate and not everyone will like these. But I do, and with my hub and brake setup it is impossible to run stock wheels on my car.

The wheels are 1" wider than stock all around, and the tire heights are identical to the stock heights. I built some extra offset into the hubs when I was machining them to make the sidewalls sit as flush with the fenders as possible, but not rub under full compression.

Fronts - 16x7 ET35 205/45R16
    Rears - 17x9 ET35 255/45R17

Last edited by Josh; 04-26-2021 at 01:17 PM.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    03572

I kind of like them. It would take some time to get use to them. New cars these days are using higher spoke counts so it's a big change only seeing 6 double spokes. My Camry has 10 spokes.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Perfect offset and ride height!
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    05457

Great work! While the original rims have become tied to the appearance as much as the stainless steel, I think this is a great selection and is certainly in the spirit of the DeLorean. Plus, you'll be now be able to stop safely during your 300 kph Sunday drives, which is really what is most important.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    03572

I think black center caps would set it off. Could probably 3D print some with a logo of your liking.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Very nice Josh!
    VR6 engine (367 rwhp/377 ftlb); Type T4 turbo; A/R=0.70/0.68; Air-to-air intercooler, Megasquirt MS3 Pro, Manual tranny w/ HD output shaft; Remote mounted oil filter.
    Adjustable dampers and ride height springs from QA1/DriveStainless; SS triangulated LCA brackets, boxed in LCAs, PU bushings, ventilated front brake rotors - all from DMCEU; UCAs with -3 deg camber from Reid Performance; 15" rear rims x 4
    http://deloreanvr6conversion.blogspot.com

I like the wheels. I think Dave is on to something though. Print a cap. Make it semi-clear. Add an LED array. Set it up with a force gauge so it will change color with speed. It should go dark at 88.

Ron

It might just be when I grew up, but I am a believer that RPF1 look good on anything. These were definitely a good move.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Im surprised everyone likes them it seems anything other than the stock wheels gets alot of differing opinions.
    I will be 3d printing some center caps that look very similar to stock. Rons Idea would be pretty cool but im not that smart! LOL

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Im surprised everyone likes them it seems anything other than the stock wheels gets alot of differing opinions.
    I will be 3d printing some center caps that look very similar to stock. Rons Idea would be pretty cool but im not that smart! LOL
    I like the wheels, but this guy doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I have pondered this idea before. it would be a fairly intensive project but do-able. I think some Chrysler products use the same spline count as our rear stub shafts. The front spindles are 30mm od, it would me a matter of finding a hub with a similar or larger bearing. You could also simply re drill the hubs, but i do not trust the casting that much.

All in all, quite a bit of effort that would outweigh the gains. But i am of the belief that deloreans look silly with anything other than the stock rims.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast