FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dave and Julee Moving to SC

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Dave and Julee Moving to SC

Posted here for those who haven't moved to one of the FB DeLorean forums. Pardon my redundancy but I know there are a few . . .

IMG_6966.jpg

It’s time for a major life change. Julee and I are now relocating a bit further south – just north of Greenville SC to be exact. We’ve had a family connection there for years and have decided that it’s our turn to live somewhere a bit warmer.

I’m taking my home lift with me . . . but I’m going to have to build another garage to put it in. So, while we’re not opening another DMC shop at any time soon, I’ll still be able to offer advice and counsel, and maybe even some local troubleshooting. Once we get settled in, we’ll try and find some nearby car-related activities. Since we’ll be in the neighborhood of the worlds largest BMW factory, that shouldn’t be hard.

I might even have to acquire another DeLorean (yes – we’re actually DeLorean-less for the first time in 23 years, we’re back down to two “normal” cars for the moment). I have a personal philosophy of not owning more cars than garage spaces.

Some background for newer people here, I bought my (first) DeLorean in 1998, and built my home shop/garage addition in 2002. Julee and I originally started and owned DMC Midwest in 2007. We turned it over to Mike and Suzy a few (ouch 5!) years ago when we “retired”. We’ve been excited and happy with how well it’s gone for them, it’s really nice to see something you build get carried on without you, and even improved upon.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    4266, Previously 11056

Oooh! Congratulations, Dave and Julee! I appreciate the post here as I am not on Facebook. This is exciting news and I am glad that you guys are still doing great. I am also kinda shocked you don't have a DeLorean right now. That seems crazy to me. All the best to you and Julee on your move.

My VIN:    6125

Congrats on the move!. It's a lot to pick up and go half way across the country, but it sounds like you'll be closer to family and won't have to deal with midwest winters anymore. I've been to Greenville a few times in the past couple of years and it's a really nice area.

BMW's presence there is a real thing and I got the impression from the locals that there was positive relationship between the company and the community. I'm sure that also has an effect on the local car culture. Michelin is another big company in the area and the Laurens proving grounds is not too far away in Mountville. They host a few different driving schools and track days throughout the year.

DMCMW played a significant part in my decision to buy a DeLorean back in 2008. I knew I'd have you guys only a couple of hours away if I ever needed help fixing something that was beyond my capabilities. Thanks to you and Julee for all of your contributions to the community over the years and for making ownership feel more accessible to people in the midwest. I hope SC treats you well and you enjoy the new direction in life.

My VIN:    6409

Club(s):   (DOC-UK) (DOI)

I didn't know you were delorean less either! (not on Facebook myself to)

It's a huge decision to move like that but congrats and best of luck with it, hopefully you ll be an owner again soon. Enjoy.

Shane
    only from the past can we choose the correct path for the future...

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

I'm not a FBer either. Congrats.
    If you get hungry down there Myles Pizza Pub is great. Use to be up here but like you, "retired again" down there. I will sell you my car if you want a well maintained high milager.
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post

BMW's presence there is a real thing and I got the impression from the locals that there was positive relationship between the company and the community. I'm sure that also has an effect on the local car culture. Michelin is another big company in the area . . .
    I picked up my current BMW at the plant in Spartanburg, and my son and his wife both work at Michelin (they are currently stationed at the headquarters in France but returning next year). We've been going there since my parents retired there in 1985. Son went away to college at Clemson, married a local, and never came back. He's the smart one of the family.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    05457

Congrats on the move! Sounds like the right decision, you can never go wrong staying warm year round and having a family connection is certainly a plus as well. Keep us posted on the new garage build, would love to see progress updates. Hopefully there will be a stall for a DeLorean in there!
    David Proehl

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Congratulations Dave and Julee on your move. All the best.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Always great hearing from you, Dave. Every time you chime in on a thread, my attention meter goes to "10". Congrats to you and Julee on the move and great to hear your winters just got a lot more manageable. Hope to see you guys soon.

Alex

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

Best of luck on the move! The Hwy 21 drive-in theater in Beaufort, SC is a great place for a date night for you guys. And if you want to see some historic buildings, a weekend in Savanah, GA is a nice weekend getaway. Thanks for planting DMC seeds in the region, it's made ownership much more wonderful with fine folk like you, Julee, and Mike and the the gang at DMC Midwest.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast