FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eibach springs sagging??

My VIN:    15275

Eibach springs sagging??

I have the eibach setup on my car. i just recently had my front suspension all apart to repowdercoat my lower control arms and do new balljoints and the stabilizer brackets etc.. the front of my car sits very low now.. like the top of the tire is up in the wheel well a little bit.. it never used to sit that low. i have had the eibach springs for about 10 yrs now.. anyone have any issues with these sagging or anything like that????

My VIN:    03572

Did you tighten the LCAs with them not extended? With stock bushings you need to tighten them at normal extension.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

hi

I have all poly bushings.. and tightend everything back up with weight on it.. i might try to jack up a side and take a wheel off and loosen everything and tighten it with it hanging see if it makes a difference because this sits very low in the front and i dont want it to rub the fenders... other than that i have no idea....

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Ask your powdercoater how hot he runs his oven (if you had the springs coated).
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Quote Originally Posted by painterdave72 View Post
    I have all poly bushings.. and tightend everything back up with weight on it.. i might try to jack up a side and take a wheel off and loosen everything and tighten it with it hanging see if it makes a difference because this sits very low in the front and i dont want it to rub the fenders... other than that i have no idea....
    I would not do this. I don't think it would work. The bushings are not designed to hold any weight. It would probably be bad for the bushings.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Ask your powdercoater how hot he runs his oven (if you had the springs coated).
    If the problem is only since you had the springs powder coated, this is probably the problem. I believe 450 degrees is trouble for springs. I don't think a powder oven is that hot, but I'm no expert.

Edit, if this is the problem, I bet you have to get new or reharden the springs. If they got annealed, they will keep getting lower.
    Last edited by Helirich; 05-04-2021 at 12:52 PM.

I do all my own powdercoating.. but did not do the springs as they did not need it and still have the original powder on them.. so that cant be the problem,,,,

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by painterdave72 View Post
    I have the eibach setup on my car. ..... i have had the eibach springs for about 10 yrs now.. anyone have any issues with these sagging or anything like that????
    No.

I had the Eibach springs installed on ours in Spring 2011, about the same time you did yours.

I took detailed photos and ride height readings from both crossmembers and the 4 body tub jack points after installation.

No change in ride height in front or rear since then. No detectable sagging.

And there's been no suspension work since then, either.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

hi rich..

its just the front.. the rears are exactly the same as they have always been......

I used to be able to put 2 fingers in between the top of tire and wheel well.. now i can barely get one in......

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I think you should focus on what you changed (if anything) or the reassembly of the suspension. I don't know if springs actually wear out or not but I certainly wouldn't expect them to do so in the span of a few weeks unless something changed or was damaged. If you are certain nothing was left out that would alter the ride height(like a rubber isolator), and you are certain it was reassembled correctly, would the orientation of the springs come into play? Being they are always compressed more on one side, would putting them back rotated differently cause issues? What strikes me as odd is BOTH sides are lower and the same amount.

I don't know myself, just pointing out that if the springs
    were fine before the work and now all of a sudden the ride height is an inch lower, the springs themselves would be at the bottom of my usual suspects list.
    Last edited by Michael; 05-04-2021 at 02:04 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast