FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: EFI with Peugeot 604 manifold (fuel only)

My VIN:    10270

Future proofed for turbo - top end good for 1000psi
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    16064

Tune

Does anyone have a MS3 tune I can look at with both spark & injector tables?

I can't get my Idle down lower than 1300rpm. (with the idle valve plugged on the inlet)

Without plugging valve inlet it runs closer to 1900rpm.

Vacuum levels are around 35.

Any other thoughts are also welcome.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Difficult to help if we don't know what your setup is, give a few more details please. Have you checked the butterfly valve(s) on whatever throttle body you're using to be sure they're closing all the way?
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    10270

Are you running 13deg static at idle? There wasn't any follow-up on implementing control of the ignition advance solenoid.

If your distributor is seeing manifold vac at idle this would do it easily, and at about these RPMs.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    2706

Check your email.

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_hd02 View Post
    Perfect. That makes things easier. I will leave the TTS in place and I'll remove the vacuum switch and install the CLT sensor.
    A local shop finished the throttle body-to-manifold adapter. I used a Jeep throttle body spacer, 2" aluminum elbow, and a Holley carburetor spacer. It came out really nice. All I have to do is remove the carburetor and install the TB adapter. I will still have the ability to switch back to a carburetor if I ever have to.
    Attachment 66358Attachment 66359Attachment 66360Attachment 66361Attachment 66362
    Will that all still fit under the engine cover?
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

There’s about 2.5 inches of clearance between the top of the TB and the engine cover.

While waiting for parts to start my EFI conversion, this crazy idea came to my mind. I’m not an EFI expert, so any advice is welcomed. Theoretically, would it be possible to use a carburetor as a throttle body, just to provide air to the engine?
    This is my reasoning:
    - Fuel injectors provide fuel, controlled by megasquirt
    - TPS is not necessary if using speed density (I could be wrong on this)
    - The carburetor has a ported vacuum connection for vacuum advance
    - diyautotune has a custom Idle Air Control body that uses a Jeep stepper iac motor, controlled by megasquirt
    - The carburetor is dual barrel; each venturi is 1.08” (Jeep 4.0 TB is 55mm diameter)
    - Intake manifold provides manifold vacuum to megasquirt for the MAP sensor.

Is this possible, or it is time to stop drinking cheap booze?

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

You could, but it would be more work than just installing a throttle body. not really sure what the benefit is here.

Also a TPS should be used on any EFI implimentation. It is possible to run without one as seen in the miata community but it is just making your life more difficult for tuning and datalogging. The car will not run as well as one with a TPS as a result. No way to flood clear, tps boost control, table switching, etc.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You could, but it would be more work than just installing a throttle body. not really sure what the benefit is here.

Also a TPS should be used on any EFI implimentation. It is possible to run without one as seen in the miata community but it is just making your life more difficult for tuning and datalogging. The car will not run as well as one with a TPS as a result. No way to flood clear, tps boost control, table switching, etc.
    Josh,

I'm currently running a carburetor with the peugeot manifold on my car. So as far as installation, I'd just have to remove the fuel lines and the mechanical fuel pump from the passenger side valve cover., and leave the carb in place.
    I wasn't aware that you could use a TPS for other functions with the Speed Density algorithm. Thanks for the info.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast