FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: EFI with Peugeot 604 manifold (fuel only)

My VIN:    10270

Removing TPS would be like removing the accel pump from a carb. You can tune acceleration enrichment from MAP changes alone but any real heavy transients may bog. It's actually not needed with SD but 100% required on alpha-n.

Consider TPS a gauge of 'drivers intention' rather than just the throttle angle and the benefits w/ EFI come out a bit more:

-Driver intends to sit at a stoplight, or cruise (engine states)
    -Driver intends to coast down this hill in gear, no longer a need for any fuel (engine states)
    -Driver intends to pass slowly (engine states, acceleration enrichment)
    -Driver intends to pass aggressively (engine states, acceleration enrichment, fuel table switch, disable AC compressor)
    -Driver intends to run more boost than they should on a stock motor (boost target switching, methanol injection trigger)

Plus looking at data logs later w/out TPS is a bit frustrating as you may wonder what was going on at certain times.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

You already have your elbow to bolt up the jeep TB, that would be the easiest and most proper route unless im missing something.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

@Luke, I didn't know that a TPS played such important role in tuning, even with speed density. I was based off several EFI conversions without TPS, and some people strongly recommend not using TPS. I guess I will be using one.

@Josh, My only issue with using the Jeep TB is trying to figure out how to connect the throttle cable to the TB, which is wayyyyy easier than installing a TPS on a carburetor. The plan stays the same. I'll be using the Jeep TB.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Id like to hear their argument about not using TPS. I cant imagine why this would be anyone's preference, more of a compromise.

When I used the Jeep TB (and others) I drilled a hole near the head of a bolt to slide the cable through and threaded a nut on the other side to "clamp" the cable. If you go to a bicycle shop they should have something like this already. Used the stock delorean housing and cable. You may need something longer If you cut yours down, you can buy the assembly from a DMC vendor. It is fairly expensive so I use bicycle brake cable housing (sold by the foot) and a rear brake cable from a tandem disc brake equipped bicycle.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

EFI parts installed

Made some progress this week. Installed the following parts:
    -DPI fuel pump and fuel sender module
    -Stock fuel filter with -6AN adapter fitting
    -Fuel rails
    -Fuel injectors
    -Fuel pressure regulator
    -Throttle body
    -Fuel lines

I hope to get the engine running this weekend.thumbnail_IMG_6614.jpg

All EFI parts installed. The engine runs like a champ. Next stop: spark advance controlled by MS2.

thumbnail_IMG_6674.jpg

My VIN:    4087

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Great job! What did you do for the crank ventilation, its hard to tell in the pic

I will install a 5/8" breather filter to one side of the oil cap (not shown in the picture). The other side of the oil cap is connected to a PCV valve; the other side of the pcv is connected to manifold vacuum.
    pcv valve.jpg
    Last edited by Tom_hd02; 07-30-2021 at 12:42 PM. Reason: pic added

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4