FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nissan trottle bodys on a Delorean

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Curious about how you protect your filters from rain/water? I have my filter exposed as well and had to build a plate above it to protect it.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    2942

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Curious about how you protect your filters from rain/water? I have my filter exposed as well and had to build a plate above it to protect it.
    Right now I don't drive the DeLorean on days its going to rain. When I wash it I cover the filters with plastic bags.
    I gave all of a lot of thought to all that and just got in the parts needed to build my cover for them. I will post a pic when I complete it.
    Basically it will let in cool air in from the louvers but separate any water that try's to get to the filters and still make it super easy to get to
    the belts if I need to.

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

It's been 2 years since I sold my D, but if I were to ever go down the EFI route again, this is the setup I'd go for. I was always looking at a way to just modify the stock throttle body to accept a TPS and keep the stock horns to the manifold, but this is cooler if you have the means to fabricate the necessary brackets or adapters. I think I would also go with throttle body injection and do away with the fuel rails and injectors, simplifying things even more....
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by DARCOM View Post
    Here is the megasquirt ignition setup I run now and for the past 13 or so years.
    I have a few timing profiles. Last week I just freshened all my timing stuff and made sure the crank said the same as the megasquirt as it changed a few deg over the years..
    It should also be noted you need to physically modify the distributor to run a 7 pin hei.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    It should also be noted you need to physically modify the distributor to run a 7 pin hei.
    What does the 7 pin offer over the GM 5 pin?

Where do you get the 7 pin?
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    What does the 7 pin offer over the GM 5 pin?

Where do you get the 7 pin?
    it allows you to actually manipulate ignition timing via the ecu, not rely on the mechanical + vaccum advance like the stock setup even when using a 4/5 pin HEI

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

it allows you to actually manipulate ignition timing via the ecu, not rely on the mechanical + vaccum advance like the stock setup even when using a 4/5 pin HEI
    That is cool. I will have to read up on it.
    Dave M vin 03572

My VIN:    10270

"IN THEORY", only because I asked and the answer was "it should", you may be able to leave the distributor as-is and run it like a spark retard box. Your spark table would look a little odd but you'd gain some of the useful elements of spark control w/out physical modification. This would be great for island & BAE cars as you could match timing to load rather than RPM. Idle advance control too.

But I'd asked specifically about connecting the V/R pickup directly to the distributor rather than being handled via an HEI module though.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    "IN THEORY", only because I asked and the answer was "it should", you may be able to leave the distributor as-is and run it like a spark retard box. Your spark table would look a little odd but you'd gain some of the useful elements of spark control w/out physical modification. This would be great for island & BAE cars as you could match timing to load rather than RPM. Idle advance control too.

But I'd asked specifically about connecting the V/R pickup directly to the distributor rather than being handled via an HEI module though.
    I did a little reading up on the 7 pin. It can adjust the advance by supplying a pulse width to an input pin and then the next spark is advanced or retarded according to that pulse width. With our odd fire engine your controller would need to know and adjust for the different spark locations on the odd fires.
    Dave M vin 03572

My VIN:    2942

Just so everyone knows my distributor is locked with no advance or vacuum and is using the stock internal coil. Also my megasquirt runs ms-extera that has odd fire settings that supplies the HEI with the signal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast