FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean 40th Birthday Bash - Save the Dates - Aug. 12-15, 2021

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

DeLorean 40th Birthday Bash - Save the Dates - Aug. 12-15, 2021

Yes, it’s a bit ironic to announce the DeLorean 40th Birthday Bash on the original date
    for the start of postponed EuroFest 2021, but any good announcement is good news.

I think we will finally have an opportunity to do a little DMC celebrating this Summer.
    Almost Finalized - DeLorean 40th Birthday Bash - Save the Dates - Aug. 12-15, 2021

Includes the DMC Midwest Open House event (all day) on Saturday, August 14, 2021.
    Mike and Suzy will be announcing the DMC MW Open House event details very shortly.

Aug. 12-13 will be similar to DCS, but a scaled-down DCS event (mostly outdoors).
    Larger activities will be at the Crystal Lake Holiday Inn, 4 blocks from DMC MW.

And what is a Big 40th Birthday Bash without a few surprises and surprise guests?

More details to follow.

Thanks,
    Rich W.

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Will there be a vaccination requirement as with another event that is also occurring this year?
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by JBaker4981 View Post
    Will there be a vaccination requirement as with another event that is also occurring this year?
    The short answer … No, there will be No Vaccination Requirement to attend the DeLorean 40th Birthday Bash.

The long answer … there are a number of DeLorean enthusiasts that I have corresponded with in the past 16 months that had COVID-19
    and I feel they should not be excluded from any DMC events that are apparently looking to have people with COVID-19 antibodies attend.
    Keep in mind that many of the DMC VIPs and BTTF VIPs that plan to attend are in the higher risk age bracket, so they may have their
    own "restrictions" or "recommendations" that they plan to follow, so if they will be wearing masks indoors, please respect their wishes.

This event is being designed incorporate flexible social distancing requirements and recommendations (in case they change this Summer),
    and we are still working out details to see if some traditional DCS activities, such as the DCS Museum, can be made into a "one-way" walk
    through room, kind of like a maze, entering in one door (at one end) and exiting another door (at an opposite end) of the museum room.
    This event will focus on the cars, with outdoor DeLorean displays planned for a few hours each day, plus the all day Saturday Open House.

More details to follow.

My VIN:    5483

I'm super pumped for this event and looking forward to solid details so I can get a hotel booked! Is the Holiday Inn solidified? Is that likely going to be where most people make reservations? Will there be blocks of hotel rooms reserved for attendees?
    Sorry for all the questions. It's my first big event and I'm stoked!

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Questions about COVID-19 "vaccination" requirements for this event have been asked and answered.

Political/OT posts about another event have been deleted. Please take those discussions/banter to PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaRacer View Post
    I'm super pumped for this event and looking forward to solid details so I can get a hotel booked! Is the Holiday Inn solidified? Is that likely going to be where most people make reservations? Will there be blocks of hotel rooms reserved for attendees?
    Sorry for all the questions. It's my first big event and I'm stoked!
    Sounds like JavaRacer has had plenty of Java today. LOL

As many of you know, from past events, that it takes months to plan an event
    and although this event is not quite finalized yet, we decided to announce a
    Save the Dates intention on the originally planned start of EuroFest 2021, so
    folks can start making plans over the Memorial Day weekend.

At this time, there will be a host hotel and a discounted block of rooms for the
    event guests, but that will likely be finalized after Memorial Day. I appreciate
    the enthusiasm, but we are not quite finalized yet. Event planning is a bit of a
    best guessing or a Leap of Faith, and COVID restrictions do not make it easier.

I hope to have more details by next weekend, but I also have a graduation for
    my youngest nephew and godson, so that may preempt the details until later
    in the weekend. If things finalize sooner, the details will be posted here first,
    then copies of the details will be distributed to FB and other Social Media.

So, like the initial announcement made yesterday, just after midnight, in the
    overnight hours of May 27, you will see the details here first. If you do see a
    re-post of event information elsewhere, like DeLorean Fanatics FB, its at least
    8-12 hours old, when others from the planning team re-post details from here.

As always, this is a team effort and all the volunteer work is much appreciated.

Thanks for the continued interest and enthusiasm for this DeLorean Gathering.

Regards,
    Rich W.
    Last edited by Rich W; 05-28-2021 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Fixed type-o

VIP Guest Announcement

Well, it's Friday, June 11 and Illinois has finally entered Phase 5 for Re-Opening.

First, some event logistics details, followed by details on one of our VIP Guests.

Most restrictions have been lifted, and we are hoping and planning for no relapses
    back into tighter restrictions, at least not through the Fall of 2021. As stated
    earlier, there will be no vaccination requirements or mandates, and although many
    businesses will adhere to current policies, you might want to keep a mask on hand.

Social Distancing is still recommended, especially indoors, but the daily show and
    shine car displays will be outdoors, as will the Open House Car Show on Saturday.
    Due to Social Distancing, small break-out rooms will not be planned for this event
    and the large, group dinners will also be eliminated from the evening schedules.

More details about the presentations will follow at a later time, but presentations
    will be planned for a single, large conference room, well-ventilated, having chairs
    spaced Socially Distant (in singles and in pairs), with longer breaks between the
    presentations, so attendees can "change their air space" between the presentations.

Unfortunately, not all contracts have been finalized and signed yet (still trying),
    so I do not have a link for the Event Discounted Hotel Room Reservations yet, but
    we hope to have it soon. As with many previous events, it is easier to stay at the
    Host Hotel and event organizers appreciate the patronage of the Host Hotel.

OK, enough of the logistics, it's time to announce one of our VIP Guests.

Although announcing the identity of this VIP Guest takes away some of the "surprise",
    I'm sure he will have plenty of surprises left for the Q&A sessions with attendees.

For the first time attending a DeLorean event, we will be welcoming Zachary DeLorean
    to the DeLorean 40th Birthday Bash, from August 12-15, 2021 (two months from today).

Depending upon how we finalize the contracts for the conference room space, Zachary
    may be doing his Q&A session either Thursday or Friday, and depending upon how that
    goes, Zachary may do a follow-up Q&A session at the Open House on Saturday, June 14.

If you have a question for Zachary, it may be best to write it down in advance, since
    we may ask for advance questions, to help moderate the Q&A and eliminate duplicates.
    There will also be time to ask Zachary some questions "less formally", if preferred.

So, there you have it. If you have always wanted to meet Zachary DeLorean or ask him
    a question, you will have an opportunity at the DeLorean 40th Birthday Bash in August.
    As we have observed over the past 18 months, things can change in the blink of an eye,
    so do not put off something now, that you may not be able to do again in the Future.

More details to follow.

Thanks,
    Rich W.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

That’s great, Rich! Sounds like it will be an exciting event! Hoping I can make it.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Any updates on host hotel? Looking to make reservations. Thanks!

Closer to Contract Ready, but not finalized yet ...

Quote Originally Posted by hippieman9 View Post
    Any updates on host hotel? Looking to make reservations. Thanks!
    Updates ...

I had several productive meetings this week, including a lot of progress toward finalizing
    the contracts, however the contract meeting was only yesterday, and I only received the
    initial drafts via email this afternoon, so finalizing will need to be next week, at earliest.

Unfortunately, we still have several moving targets, like when US/Canada border will be
    open, so I am amending the contract date for the reduced room reservations to hopefully
    encompass the expected date that the US/Canada border will be re-opened.

The good news is that many of the costs for DeLorean 40th Birthday Bash will be much
    less than similar past DeLorean events and these reductions will be passed along to the
    attendees. Keep in mind the event will be more of a DCS Lite, but similar DCS format.

I am hoping to finalize the contracts early this week, but I also have an intern starting
    on Monday, so it will be an added challenge to find time to finalize the contracts. Once
    finalized, the reduced room reservations link should be available shortly afterward.

More details to follow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast