FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Front shocks

Front shocks

I was trying to look at the options for front shocks for my D @ DMCH but the sight only shows a kit.Any attempt to type in the part # kicked me back to the kit.Contact us said "try again later" Any ideas? 6864.

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

I think the idea is that shocks are kind of like spark plugs, you generally replace them in sets. Its ok to do just fronts or rears, one usually does not replace a single shock. I suspect your plan is to replace both, but just wanted to cover that base...

Beyond that, Houston does not sell just fronts. If that is the case your options are to call them and try to make special arrangements, or purchase elsewhere. You can contact your local Delorean franchise, Grady, Hervey, Josh, Byrne, Marty, or just go to you local auto parts shop - there is a nissan truck cross reference unit that many folks find acceptable.

what is the nissan cross reference? do you have a make or model ? are they for all 4 shocks?

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

We are the only shop to sell SPAX shocks as front and rear pairs. Our current order form SPAX should be here hopefully no later then next week. I ordered 8 black sets and 2 yellow as the black seems to be more popular. Pricing will be released next week on front and rear pairs.

We will not be offering single shocks though. As stated in other posts it is required to replace as pairs. For warranty issues or if you have purchased from another vendor we will offer single replacements with proper documentation of purchase.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    3462

Club(s):   (DOI)

Do you want my brand new EASYRIDER 2s from Hervey? I'm selling at a discount

Front shocks

John U.Yes, I`d consider yours,of course.E-mail me [email protected].

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Quote Originally Posted by coreydmc View Post
    what is the nissan cross reference? do you have a make or model ? are they for all 4 shocks?

No, not all 4. The Delorean shocks for the rear have to be able to bear the weight of the car and have a spring perch. John Hervey and DMC mid states have kits that sell shocks and custom made perches - but you have to know what you are doing - you need carefully selected shocks and new bushes etc. Rears are a bigger deal.

I don't recall the application for the front shocks, I recall that it was for a nissan pickup, likely early 90's IIRC. The Cross reference list shows them as Monroe 32150 shocks. I recall I have purchased nissan shocks and they were acceptable, but I cant be sure it was the monroes as I selected by way of nissan compatibility and I don't see that reference now - most likely its the same one but do your research.

Take a look here...

http://www.dmc12.com/crossref.htm

Tom

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

I have Gabriel guardians on my front. They are a cheap local auto parts store alternative. The only problem with using these or the Monroe's is you need to use washers on the lower mounting bolt to take up the space in the lower control arm. The Gabriel part # is 81694. They cost me under $20. Each at Auto zone.
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

My VIN:    03500

Well I'm reviving a long dead thread. Has anyone ordered from this company? https://www.lnapilla.com/ there out of Canada. They claim to have front Spax shocks for the Delorean.

Dave B.

I don't think that's a Canadian company. Lawn garden parts? Car parts? Posters?

"With many years of experience in the direct relationship with the manufacturer's supplier and our customers, we always show our profession so that you can feel better when you shop here."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast