FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Two problems

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    True, but the park lights do.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC-Ron View Post
    Absolutely right! With the old incandescent running lights there's a fair amperage load going thru the main lighting switch. Switching to LED bulbs lowers the current (and heat) at the switch contacts. DeLorean Parts NW sells a light switch relay kit that removes all the direct bulb current from the main lighting switch contacts.
    Ron
    It seems like LED park lights is less hassle than a relay. Kind of like to get a third brake light also. I don't like anything on top of the louver, but I don't want to interfere with my mirror either. (I can't back this car up worth shit.)

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    It seems like LED park lights is less hassle than a relay.
    I agree. (Not to mention less draw on the charging system.)
    Handling ~4 amps isn't THE problem with D main light switches anyway -- It's the 4 decades they've been doing it.

Update on this thread

Problem #2, I got a new headlight switch and all LED exterior lights. Now my headlights work first time, everytime. (No more making my wife hold the button, lol)

Back to problem #1, when I got back from my trip, I was going to fish some safety wire in the odometer hole to hit the watertemp needle. To my surprise, the needle was back to zero. (Not pegged off) I stared the car and after a bit, the needle moved. Of course, that doesn't mean it's working. I drove for two hours and it still never got to the second line. (I guess that's 160) The car doesn't overheat because the otterstat turns the fans on. (And the AC) But I still feel it's not indicating correctly.

I sure don't want to ground the sensor again. I ordered another sensor and I'm thinking of hooking it up and putting it in boiling water to see what the dash will indicate.

Any other ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2