FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another LED headlight

Another LED headlight

I wanted LED headlights because they draw less power. I read another members post about "focusing" LED bulbs in a halogen housing. I wasn't too keen on doing that, so I bought some LED sealed beam lights. They don't look too differnt from a stock light. (I didn't want to change the look) The other nice thing about these is there is a LED daytime driving light strip built in. I figured you guys would want to give it a thumbs up or down.

IMG_0506.jpg

The driving light comes on with the key, but turns off when you turn the headlights. Of course the high beam ones don't turn off until I turn on the high beam. So it kind of looks funny with just the low beams on.

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Sounds cool, but they look the same in all of the pics...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Sounds cool, but they look the same in all of the pics...
    Yea, I can't latch the headlights right now. But when they are on, they look pretty normal. You can't really see the thin line. In the pics, that thin line does not look as bright as in real life. It's like a lightning bolt across there.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    I wanted LED headlights because they draw less power. I read another members post about "focusing" LED bulbs in a halogen housing. I wasn't too keen on doing that, so I bought some LED sealed beam lights. They don't look too differnt from a stock light. (I didn't want to change the look) The other nice thing about these is there is a LED daytime driving light strip built in. I figured you guys would want to give it a thumbs up or down.

IMG_0506.jpg

The driving light comes on with the key, but turns off when you turn the headlights. Of course the high beam ones don't turn off until I turn on the high beam. So it kind of looks funny with just the low beams on.

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg
    Nice alternative - You willing to share info on where you bought them, model number, etc?

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    Nice alternative - You willing to share info on where you bought them, model number, etc?

Cheers
    Steven
    I don't have the model numbers handy right now and I'm not at home. But they came from Raney truck parts. If you google their site and search for 4 by 6 rectangular LED's, you should find them. You can order them with yellow daytime running lights. (Mine are white)

The only issue I might tell you is when I first called, they did not stock the high beam. I waited till they had all in stock because these days you just never know how long it might be. They ended up coming from two differnt locations. They plug in to the standard sockets, but you need to run a seperate line for the running lights.

My VIN:    Coming, hopefully!

Very cool looking!

My VIN:    966

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Going through their catalogue I'm guessing they're these ones, product code UPI31153, priced at $129.95 for the white ones and $134.95 for the amber ones. They have a few other styles of 4x6 LED headlights available too.
    -Mike, Professional Geek, owner of VIN966

Quote Originally Posted by RIUM+ View Post
    Going through their catalogue I'm guessing they're these ones, product code UPI31153, priced at $129.95 for the white ones and $134.95 for the amber ones. They have a few other styles of 4x6 LED headlights available too.
    Those are the ones.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Those lights remind me of Mr. Magoo.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    05141

Are those lenses glass or plastic?

Steering with power

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast