FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [OT] Is this the scammiest scam that ever scammed? (out of state car sale)

My VIN:    4328

I went through this once. They had a pretty legit looking website and everything. The guy even responded to emails and we talked over the phone multiple times, though his accent didn’t really match the name he gave. I too asked to come see it and got every run around in the book. I also looked up their webpage info through a checker/verify site only to find it had been made about a month prior. This was last June. I got a call a couple months back from the state police in the state their website said they were located in. They were investigating multiple reports of fraud and theft by the individual I had talked to on the phone about the car. Its always too good to be true unless you know the person or see the car in person

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    You still think you are talking to a female? You are talking to a guy and it probably takes about 3oz of spit to pronounce his name.
    Hey, it's the 21st century, I can respect Asdfjkasdfo Woritajkdhkadlkeysmashski's gender identity!

Meanwhile if anybody knows of a Trans Am GTA with a digital dash in the sub-$10k range that won't need $5k worth of work to be roadworthy, DM me... (but only if both the seller and the car actually exist)
    Last edited by DaraSue; 06-09-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Hey, it's the 21st century, I can respect Asdfjkasdfo Woritajkdhkadlkeysmashski's gender identity!

Meanwhile if anybody knows of a Trans Am GTA with a digital dash in the sub-$10k range that won't need $5k worth of work to be roadworthy, DM me... (but only if both the seller and the car actually exist)
    I was a big F body guy in college. Had a TA and later a Formula (liked it better than the TA). I can't say if I found a 87-90 Formula WS6 T-top red over tan that I wouldn't buy it.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

I don't know anything about Trans Ams, but I do know there's an 80s TransAm that lives down the street from me. I've really only seen it from behind since the old guy who owns it, or houses it, has it parked front first in his condo garage. I know it runs because it's not always there. Next time it's out I could swing by and get the story on it. The guy who has it in his garage doesn't look to be in the best of health and is usually in a wheel chair. Just sits next to this car most days.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcerik View Post
    I don't know anything about Trans Ams, but I do know there's an 80s TransAm that lives down the street from me. I've really only seen it from behind since the old guy who owns it, or houses it, has it parked front first in his condo garage. I know it runs because it's not always there. Next time it's out I could swing by and get the story on it. The guy who has it in his garage doesn't look to be in the best of health and is usually in a wheel chair. Just sits next to this car most days.
    Aww! Where are you located? If it's within a day's drive of SLC I'm especially interested since I still haven't found one...

Man, I found one that's exactly what I'm looking for (black, digital dash, supposedly decent running condition but not so nice that I have to feel guilty parking it outside) but it's two states away and the guy stopped answering my messages as soon as I offered to fly out and look at it. His Facebook profile says he's been on there since 09 so if it's a scammer they've either jacked a real person's page or they're playing a really long game. I'm tempted to send the guy a pic of my driver's license and the money to prove I'm serious but if it is a scam then I've just told a criminal where I live and that I have a few grand lying around the house There is one red flag that he says he took the car in trade from a guy who couldn't pay his rent so even if the seller is legit there's a better than average chance there's a lien on it or something. Idk, what would you guys do in this situation? I don't want to miss out on the car I've been looking for for a year if it's for real.

(This isn't the first time this has happened with Facebook sellers. Is it bc I don't use my real name on there? Ugh, I'm from the Usenet/AOL generation and still can't get over the idea that we're all putting our real names and workplaces on the internet for every creep in the world to see now...)

Update: the Facebook ad was legit IMG_20210826_162152219.jpg

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Update: the Facebook ad was legit IMG_20210826_162152219.jpg
    Awesome!

Must have dash pics!
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

IMG_20210825_202132651.jpg I snapped this one just after sunset somewhere between Laramie and Rawlins and I think it turned out pretty well. I'll get some of the status screen and odometer on Monday when I go to the DMV. It has a pretty period-correct looking Pioneer stereo too

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Nice looking car!
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast