FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Question to any wiring experts

Question to any wiring experts

Using wings a loft, when I lock the doors with the remote, the driving lights flash. I want the hazard lights to flash instead. To show off the sequential taillights. I brought this up to Toby and his reply was " One challenge is that the normal directional indicators work through the hazard switch, along with the emergency flasher function. I would have to work it out on paper, but to isolate the various circuits while allowing this new functionality would require a few diodes and/or a couple of isolation relays to keep everything separate." He has 17 cars at the shop and was is too busy to work it out. Does anyone else have any idea how this could be done?
    Thanks

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by L3V3L1 View Post
    Using wings a loft, when I lock the doors with the remote, the driving lights flash. I want the hazard lights to flash instead. To show off the sequential taillights. I brought this up to Toby and his reply was " One challenge is that the normal directional indicators work through the hazard switch, along with the emergency flasher function. I would have to work it out on paper, but to isolate the various circuits while allowing this new functionality would require a few diodes and/or a couple of isolation relays to keep everything separate." He has 17 cars at the shop and was is too busy to work it out. Does anyone else have any idea how this could be done?
    Thanks
    I have mine hooked up to the directional wires. All you need is a diode per wire so it doesn't back feed when using the turn signal.
    I also have sequential lights as well.
    The diodes would be put in the wiring from the box.
    Dave B.
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 06-16-2021 at 10:31 PM.

When considering diodes, go heavy on the amps and voltage. There is a fair amount of current involved depending on how the sequencer, sidelights, and front signal are set up. Only marginal cost to get a larger diode rated 10 to 15 amps. Also there are some high transient voltages in our cars so select a voltage above 300.

https://www.amazon.com/MCIGICM-Recti...strial&sr=1-10

If you PM me we can provide assistance.

Ron Anderson
    DRAYRON
    Last edited by DMC-Ron; 06-17-2021 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    I have mine hooked up to the directional wires. All you need is a diode per wire so it doesn't back feed when using the turn signal.
    I also have sequential lights as well.
    So the wire that goes from the relay to the red/green directional wire in the compartment
    The diodes would be put in the wiring from the box.
    Dave B.
    So the wire from the relay to the red green directional wire under the fuse box would instead go to the wires feeding the directionals. You would split the wire from the relay, spice in a diode on each, and connect to each signal wire?
    Thanks

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by L3V3L1 View Post
    So the wire from the relay to the red green directional wire under the fuse box would instead go to the wires feeding the directionals. You would split the wire from the relay, spice in a diode on each, and connect to each signal wire?
    Thanks
    Yes That is what I did. Green with white stripe and green with red stripe.

Dave B.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Ive been meaning to do this as well. I get lots of compliments with my drayron taillights, but I never get to see them myself

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.