I just finished bypassing the accumulator and wanted to share my thoughts.

First, totally worth removing. I now have a rubber-free fuel system. I replaced the accumulator in 99 or 2000 and it was leaking into return port. It serves no meaningful purpose with EFI. It just sits there threatening to leak-through and bypass fuel back in to the tank, taking rubber shrapnel with it. It makes strange noises when you turn the car off.

If I did it again I would not spend the time & money on parts to adapt the stock fuel feed line, especially having to work through the accumulator port. The lack of space and strategic use of impact tools, pry bars, and short-length wrenches to keep the stock lines from kinking make it challenging. Two lengths of nylon fuel tubing ran in tandem with the heater core lines would be far easier.

After removing the accumulator & fittings, I used Eaton p/n 15.163-6-6 to adapt the feed elbow to -6AN

Before:

After:

A new braided hose routed where the stock hard line was. I'm sure if I spent more time I could have found fittings that would mate to the "bulk ring" 24 degree flare, but the 2 or 3 that I purchased would not fit correctly. Initially I'd hoped to run new aluminum hard line but the routing of it wasn't going to work without drilling a hole through the frame or removing the body. So a new braided line was the quickest way to finish the job.

New fuel filter, bottom fitting converted from elbow to banjo. Allows any style of K-jet filter to be used.
If I'd converted to nylon lines, a quick disconnect EFI filter could be used.

To plug the return line, a chunk of original hard line (I think from the old fuel return pipe) w/ the bulk ring/olive/ferrule & nut was used. I just soldered in a random bolt and screwed it back in to the return T. Low fi but free. You can see it dangling there in one of the above photos too. Really a piece of rubber line could have been attached and plugged but I didn't want some vestigial rubber appendix threatening to leak.

Peace of mind, and the only cost is that I will reek of gasoline for the next few days.